Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I've decided to hold back on a Solstice, and was hoping you folks could give me the 411 on how to attain a SKY in April of this year. I have no deposit, and DON'T want to pay ANY markups... Is there ANY chance that this could happen? Any honest (FOR the people) dealers out there you can recommend? (I would have it shipped if that meant no markup).

Thanks in advace!

Ed-

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
S4S said:
Okay... I've decided to hold back on a Solstice, and was hoping you folks could give me the 411 on how to attain a SKY in April of this year. I have no deposit, and DON'T want to pay ANY markups... Is there ANY chance that this could happen? Any honest (FOR the people) dealers out there you can recommend? (I would have it shipped if that meant no markup).

Thanks in advace!

Ed-
Is this Chris Rock?

Seriously, unless you have a ski mask and slim Jim, it is not going to happen. Especially with the demands "DONT want to pay ANY markups..." NO WAY!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
S4S said:
Okay... ..............how to attain a SKY in April of this year. I have no deposit, and DON'T want to pay ANY markups... Is there ANY chance that this could happen? Any honest (FOR the people) dealers out there you can recommend? (I would have it shipped if that meant no markup).Thanks in adva(n)ce! Ed-
Surely this must be a joke phishing exercise but April would be a great month! In 2007!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
There probably is a way to get one in April, but I'm not so sure about the markup. A few people posted about dealers that weren't taking deposits and planning to operate on a first-come first-served basis when they get cars in. Given that attitude toward servicing their customers, I don't know how likely they'd be to keep the price right.

I have no idea what dealers those were, and they could've changed their tunes by now, but you might be able to figure something out by searching the forum. Best of luck!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Come on , give him a break. Most people I know never even heard of a Sky or just recently heard of it. ( It was kinda funny though)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rwood411 said:
Come on , give him a break. Most people I know never even heard of a Sky or just recently heard of it. ( It was kinda funny though)
Yes but this is a person who seems to have gotten tired of waiting (or trying to find) a Solstice -- which are out there on lots -- waiting to be bought... So they know about the car(s)

As of this date there are NO retail SKYs out there...

·
Registered
326 Posts
there is a very easy way to aquire one, go to www.clothesoffourback.org and be the winning bidder. auction ends 3-31-06 and high bid is presently 40,000.00 but hey, youll have a one of a kind sky in April. I see this being your best shot at it. Heck, I just hope to be able to order by April #2 in Houston dealer.:D

·
Registered
554 Posts
S4S said:

Thanks in advace!

Ed-
Become an executive VP for GM by April and might have a shot. Else you will be paying out the nose for one.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Invent a time machine, go bakc in time at least 6 months to a year, and get on a waiting list then.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's truly highly unlikely, they say there is a limited amount of these cars being made and all have deposits already. Unless you go into a dealer and leave your name & deposit with them in case when that person's SKY arrives, they decide against it.

GOOD LUCK~

·
Registered
131 Posts
hahahaha

ishot3bucks said:
Is this Chris Rock?

Seriously, unless you have a ski mask and slim Jim, it is not going to happen. Especially with the demands "DONT want to pay ANY markups..." NO WAY!!

:lol: That's a good one I forgot about that auction! :thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
S4S said:

Thanks in advace!

Ed-
Just talked to salesman and he told me that Sullivans in Sacramento is selling, first come, first serve! I sincerely doubt that they will sell for MSRP though.

Good Luck in your search though! With your reservations, it would be like, looking for and finding, the "Holy Grail"!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
To be honest my dealer seems to have 3 or 4 that are not spoken for yet. I highly doubt that you will get yours before I get mine though and I don't believe I will get mine until late April or mid May.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate those replies with the information that I needed. As for the others, you are the reason the dealerships mark up the price. You make it seem as though we all NEED to may that markup, and that getting this car at MSRP is like finding the Holy Grail... It's too funny... we actually cause our own mark ups... Oh well...

I know of the folks who purchased their '06 ZO6 at MSRP early on (not many, but some), the folks who received their Ferrari 430, Lotus Elise at MSRP during the first month at MSRP, etc... Trust me, it can happen. I will call the dealerships that some of you emailed me on. Thanks for the information. It's worth a try....

Ed-

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
S4S said:

I know of the folks who purchased their '06 ZO6 at MSRP early on (not many, but some), the folks who received their Ferrari 430, Lotus Elise at MSRP during the first month at MSRP, etc... Trust me, it can happen. I will call the dealerships that some of you emailed me on. Thanks for the information. It's worth a try....

Mmmmm -- to have our sky included with the likes of a Ferrari and new Vette, that is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I wonder what is the avalibility of Solsti at this point? And what will the avalibility of the SKY be by years end. I would assume after 6 or 9 months you would be able to walk into a dealership and just order one.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I wonder what is the avalibility of Solsti at this point? And what will the avalibility of the SKY be by years end. I would assume after 6 or 9 months you would be able to walk into a dealership and just order one.
Sols are still being prodiminantly built still for fulfilling back orders. You'll see more on lots over time now though as some people decide not to get them, but it's not to the point yet where dealers are really ordering models to go on the showroom floor. Defintely not like the MX-5 now either, local dealer near me has 56 sitting on the lot WITH mark-DOWNS on them. :eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Try Downers Grove Saturn in Illinois..... good luck though..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 35 Posts