Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a couple months back there was a thread where everyone was posting informative things they have found out about their Sky. It contained things like how owners close their trunk to ways to lower top without damaging the seal.

Can any of you forum "power users" help me find this thread? I'm picking up my Sky today at lunch and would love to have it in my pocket.

Lastly, if anyone has any tips for us new owners, please let us know. While there seems to be a hold-up for ya'll waiting for RL's, there are still many of us getting our Base Sky's who would benefit from ya'lls experience. :thumbs:

Thanks

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
So many of the things listed in that link have really become non-issues.
The whole - careful with the roof and watch the trunk -- 99% is new car jitters.
I take down and put up the roof from the driver’s side, often one handed (Center of the driver’s window opening. No alignment bends etc...) Do check that the two pins are aligned with the sockets when you put the roof up. You don’t want to bend them or tear the weather-stripping.
I close the trunk by first checking that everything is in place (nothing sticking up) and putting my hand on the chrome escutcheon for the buttress. Slam -- all good.

Hood open? I watch to see that the doors are either all the way open or closed. You know what -- I missed a few times -- no damage.

Big hint, this car seems to be backwards with hood and trunk. I guess since the open opposite it makes sense but, slam the trunk and just enough force to close the hood. Most cars I have owned were opposite

Read your owners manual (not glance -- pretend it is the hot new novel) and you will be fine.

Have a fun time!:thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that was it. Thanks so much. I appreciate everyone's help.

Roll Tide !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts