Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 6-disc mp3 premium stereo, how does it sound for those who have it? Was it worth the extra $890(i think)? How many speakers does it have? amp?

Being such a small car i can't see it having more than 4-5 speakers. Nowhere to fit them.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I never really speced it out--It sounds pretty good when you crank her up. Donno bout speakers, the sub-woofer supposedly is behind the passenger seat, speakers in the doors, I think a pair in the dash, I think now that you asked I am now curious myself, guess I'll haveta "take 'er apart" to see watts is what--:lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
How many speakers does it have? amp? Being such a small car i can't see it having more than 4-5 speakers. Nowhere to fit them.
7 speakers. 1 each behind the driver and passenger. 2 in the panels forward of the doors. 2 tweeters in the windshield pillars and 1 woofer behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you are not into retro fitting -- the premium is just that PREMIUM!
7 speakers, great sound.
I did not take the 6 disk as I record MP3's and only have to carry 1 CD for 5 hours of music. I feared the jams I keep hearing about (not SKY -- most multiple feed CD changers that suck all CDs into the unit.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds just fine to me. Volume is plenty loud, even at highway speed. I have noticed that some CDs sound better than others - richer and fuller, not better music :) 6-CDs is perhaps a bit much, since the single CD has MP3 capabiltiy, cutting a MP3 CD on the computer is a good way to go.

:cheers:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered a Sky without the premium stereo but ended up purchasing a floor model with the premium already installed.

I am sure glad I got it. It's one of the best sounding stereo's I have ever had.

I don't need to turn it all the way up and when you are on the highway the sound increases the faster you go.

It's well worth it!!!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Yea i don't know why i got curious about the system's sound all of the sudden. 7 is a LOT of speakers for a tiny lil box the size of the cabin.

Both my dad and mom's cars have 6-disc changers and i love it. I pop in the cd's i wanna listen to and just flip through them. It also helps me keep my eyes on the road so i dont have to go crazy looking over trying to find the cd i want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The speakers *behind* the driver and passenger, where exactly are they mounted?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Both my dad and mom's cars have 6-disc changers and i love it. I pop in the cd's i wanna listen to and just flip through them. It also helps me keep my eyes on the road so i dont have to go crazy looking over trying to find the cd i want.
You can put 10 or 12 albums in MP3 format on a single CD-R disk. The player will index all of the cuts by album and artist. It will move from one album to the next much faster than any multi-changer can.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The speakers *behind* the driver and passenger, where exactly are they mounted?
Flip the seats forward and they are right there, about chest level, a little to the outside of the seatback. They are more for sound balance than true sound (unless you're 4'9" and have the seat cranked forward). :D

I have the 6-disc Monsoon and Tao XM2GO (see my post in General Discussion about my install). It is the best factory stereo I have heard in a very long time. Top up or down, there is plenty of volume and tons of bass. It has a 3-band EQ of sorts (bass, mid, treble are separate) and tweeters mounted in the front pillar for crisp highs. :thumbs:

Those planning aftermarket will have to disable the OnStar and telephone features since they are integrated with the radio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts