Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my hubby got his VUE yesterday and what a beauty she is. Going from a mini van to the Vue there is such a difference. Very nice ride.
When we arrived to pick it up our sales person gave me a rose saying he felt very bad that he was delivering my husbands car after a week and mine that I've been waiting 18 months he still couldn't deliver. I told him you can't rush CHAMPAINE!!! I know she is in Lordstown only now she has to hitch a ride to Vancouver. Lets hope the SKY gods are looking out for me and find a ride quick. I don't know how much longer I can be patient, especially after hearing CDNSKYGUYS loving his.

Here are some pics of the VUE, his is black and mine is white. Will look great in the Garage.
Giannis Vue Aug 16 2006.JPG Vue Front.jpg Vue Side.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats,

Yes they will look great in the garage together. My wife got her Vue Redline last month and all I got was a place in line for my Sky Redline. :lol: I think there may be a few other Vue / Sky households on this forum as well. Good luck with your new purchase. :thumbs:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Another VUE / SKY Household.....

My wife has an 04 VUE V6 AWD and really likes it. Just the right size and plenty of pep. Her 9 1/2 foot long kayak fits completely inside! I have a SKY Redline on order and am expecting it sometime next spring or summer.

Enjoy !!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yet Another

My wife got her '06 V6 VUE one week after I took delivery of my Sky.

She had an '05 VUE but it didn't have a sun roof. :willy: If I was getting a convertible, she at least deserved that. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
qwack said:
My wife got her '06 V6 VUE one week after I took delivery of my Sky.

She had an '05 VUE but it didn't have a sun roof. :willy: If I was getting a convertible, she at least deserved that. :)
Yeah my hubby has the sunroof and keep telling him that I will miss not having a sunroof - but I guess I can put the top down!:D (Cheaky arn't I)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Cheaky is good..... my hubby has an 06 Vue... gold series with aobut 33000 miles on it,.., since january 9 of this yr... the day we ordered my sky...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
197 Posts
Same here. Wife has green '06 Vue. I have my green Sky.:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soooo Many Saturn families

Got to love it! Happy to see that making the decision to buy the Vue was a good thing. We will truly be a Saturn Family! By the way do they still have the yearly Saturn parties? In the 90's when we owned and SL1 and SL2 we would go to parties such as drive in movies and BBQ. Everyone there would have a Saturn.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
It is interesting that the Saturn/SAAB locations in Canada use the Saturn look for the facilities.

Congrats on the new VUE!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
skybright said:
Lets hope the SKY gods are looking out for me and find a ride quick. I don't know how much longer I can be patient, especially after hearing CDNSKYGUYS loving his.
Amen. I keep an eye out for for your Sky every day:driving:to work. And when I see you, I'll be giving you the :thumbs:.

Out of curiosity, I noticed that you dealt with Lansdowne in Richmond. Have you had any dealings with Langley? If so, do you have an opinion on which is a better place to go? Or would it really make a difference?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CenterIce said:
Amen. I keep an eye out for for your Sky every day:driving:to work. And when I see you, I'll be giving you the :thumbs:.

Out of curiosity, I noticed that you dealt with Lansdowne in Richmond. Have you had any dealings with Langley? If so, do you have an opinion on which is a better place to go? Or would it really make a difference?
I've only dealt with the Richmond location and don't even know where the Langley location is. We purchased two other Saturns in the 90s from them and really liked their service back then. Don't know how they will be now but so far they have taken care of us!

·
Registered
150 Posts
skybright said:
I've only dealt with the Richmond location and don't even know where the Langley location is. We purchased two other Saturns in the 90s from them and really liked their service back then. Don't know how they will be now but so far they have taken care of us!
I took a drive out to Richmond this afternoon and I must say I am impressed with the way they're handling the Sky's. When I asked the sales guy about them, he said "if you put a $1000 deposit down, there's probably four or five people ahead of you". I said "you mean, like, four or five hundred?!?!?". He said "no, four or five people". While still not great, given the number of cars available for Canada, at least it would mean that their list only has people who have almost literally put their money where their mouth is. Langley (it's on the Langley Bypass, by the way) has a list where the only qualification is a phone number. and aren't even taking deposits.

I think I'll be going back to Richmond with a cheque as soon as I can get out there again (Richmond drivers:banghead:, you know). It sounds much more promising, although it still means a year, maybe two to wait.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Cheaky is good..... my hubby has an 06 Vue... gold series with aobut 33000 miles on it,.., since january 9 of this yr... the day we ordered my sky...SkyBaby-07
Hey I forgot about that SkyBaby...did you ever find out what that "Gold Series" was all about?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
skybright said:
I don't know how much longer I can be patient, especially after hearing CDNSKYGUYS loving his.
Oooppsss...Sorry! Who said I was enjoying it? It really sucks, terrible to drive I think I'll leave it in the garage until I can sell it. HA HA HA just kidding!

I can't stop driving, I was out at the bar tonight with friends and even all the scantily clad ladies could not hold my interest...I took off after only 1 drink to get back out in my car!

I know that everyone says this and I was so sick of it too but...IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. Hang in there!

I can give you a hint...after the car leaves Oshawa Ontario it will have a vessel number (this is the train car it is on) the people on the 1(800)GMDRIVE number will be able to give this to you.

Once you have the vessel number you call 1(888)999-8111 and there you will be able to track the train's progress across the country. There are lasers along the track and barcodes on each car so it is updated in real time...as the car reaches town X it will be updated on the computer.

I checked almost every hour for the last day on my car's trip

·
Registered
26 Posts
First members of Sky/Vue club in B.C.

My wife has a white Vue and I drive a Silver Sky. My wife got her practical vehicle last year and I got my fun car in May. I haven`t seen another Sky on the road yet. Everyday that I get into my Sky is as much fun as the day I got it. I'm up to 6000km (3600 miles) and the engine`s starting to break in nicely although another 30-40 horses would be great to have. I've had the Saturn sign which sits in the bottom of the door frame replaced because it unpeeled and got crunched in the door. It took a week to get the parts. The service guy said a lot of the parts are the same as other GM vehicles so they're easy to get. I stay well back from semi's though - if they kick up a rock and break that windsheild you won't find another one in town. When more people come onboard in the Vancouver area maybe we could do Whistler. Well I'm going to put the top down now and head to Spanish Banks.Bye! :cool:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sky_pilot22 said:
My wife has a white Vue and I drive a Silver Sky. My wife got her practical vehicle last year and I got my fun car in May. I haven`t seen another Sky on the road yet. Everyday that I get into my Sky is as much fun as the day I got it. I'm up to 6000km (3600 miles) and the engine`s starting to break in nicely although another 30-40 horses would be great to have. I've had the Saturn sign which sits in the bottom of the door frame replaced because it unpeeled and got crunched in the door. It took a week to get the parts. The service guy said a lot of the parts are the same as other GM vehicles so they're easy to get. I stay well back from semi's though - if they kick up a rock and break that windsheild you won't find another one in town. When more people come onboard in the Vancouver area maybe we could do Whistler. Well I'm going to put the top down now and head to Spanish Banks.Bye! :cool:
I've still to see a SKY in the Vancouver area. I know there are at least five that have been sold but haven't had the pleasure to drool yet! And yes Whistler would be fun!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CenterIce said:
I took a drive out to Richmond this afternoon and I must say I am impressed with the way they're handling the Sky's. When I asked the sales guy about them, he said "if you put a $1000 deposit down, there's probably four or five people ahead of you". I said "you mean, like, four or five hundred?!?!?". He said "no, four or five people". While still not great, given the number of cars available for Canada, at least it would mean that their list only has people who have almost literally put their money where their mouth is. Langley (it's on the Langley Bypass, by the way) has a list where the only qualification is a phone number. and aren't even taking deposits.

I think I'll be going back to Richmond with a cheque as soon as I can get out there again (Richmond drivers:banghead:, you know). It sounds much more promising, although it still means a year, maybe two to wait.
They are good and I would bring a cheque in ASAP if you are serious about getting one.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CdnSkyGuy said:
Oooppsss...Sorry! Who said I was enjoying it? It really sucks, terrible to drive I think I'll leave it in the garage until I can sell it. HA HA HA just kidding!

I can't stop driving, I was out at the bar tonight with friends and even all the scantily clad ladies could not hold my interest...I took off after only 1 drink to get back out in my car!

I know that everyone says this and I was so sick of it too but...IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. Hang in there!

I can give you a hint...after the car leaves Oshawa Ontario it will have a vessel number (this is the train car it is on) the people on the 1(800)GMDRIVE number will be able to give this to you.

Once you have the vessel number you call 1(888)999-8111 and there you will be able to track the train's progress across the country. There are lasers along the track and barcodes on each car so it is updated in real time...as the car reaches town X it will be updated on the computer.

I checked almost every hour for the last day on my car's trip

Can't wait until I'm in your shoes only thing I will stop shopping to drive the car. Hubby is really enjoying the Vue it really drives and handles well.

I will forward this info to my dealer and see if they can get the vessel number once it gets on a train. I was told it's still in Lordstown.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts