Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
183 Posts
Check out THIS SKY without an "A" pillar.
A few things don't make sense there ... The ad says 2.4L but engine covers say Corvette LS. If the latter is true that's a pretty cheap LS swap Sky. Zero miles?
I guess this is one way to increase trunk space, just throw away the top! Also save on wiper blade replacements.

· Registered
3,072 Posts
Probably not even legal on the streets without more of a windshield than that. And it certainly rains in Florida - doesn't look like it would be a lot of fun in a rain storm. I ran Brooklands screens on a couple of my sports cars in the old days but at least they did supply a bit of protection.

· Registered
10 Posts
Probably not even legal on the streets without more of a windshield than that. And it certainly rains in Florida - doesn't look like it would be a lot of fun in a rain storm. I ran Brooklands screens on a couple of my sports cars in the old days but at least they did supply a bit of protection.
Yeah - My understanding is that the Slingshot gets away with it because it's classified as an "auto-cycle". This would not fall in that category for sure and I think you're right - this can't be street legal.

· Registered
2007 Base Roadster, "Stock" for the most part, but with lots of interior illumination changes
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I can't edit my opening post. I finally have a little time to add the pictures and details, so here they are, in case the ad disappears. Asking price is only $25,600.

Hey HoosierGXP, here's one interesting challenge for you. Make them a low ball offer. Add an "A" pillar with windshield, a convertible top, and you have a cheap Mallot with flare. Don't forget the wiper arms. At least it is "Wiper Ready".

2007 Saturn Sky Aperta Roadster Custom one-of-a-kind Saturn Sky Aperta Roadster! LSX Swapped (performed at K9 Motor Works - Ft. Meyers) Dyno at 420 whp / 400 Ibs. tq Engine Build Sheet: LS2 Corvette Engine Fast 102mm intake 102mm Big Bore Throttle Body Texas Speed Cam 228/232 .600/.600 243 Heads Kooks 1 7/8 x 3 Headers Custom Fabricated 3 Exhaust LS7 Clutch - 5 Speed Five Bar Custom Tune Holley Terminator, ECU and Digital Dash Exterior Build Sheet: Custom Wide Body Kit RK Sport Ram Hood Aperta - A-Pillars and Windshield Removed Custom Wind Screens and Front Apron Silver Pearl Color Changing Wrap Tinted Tail Lights 19 Black Diamond Wheels Honkook Ventus V12 Evo2 Tires Convertible Roof and Additional Unnecessary Items Removed for Weight Reduction DRIVETRAIN: Engine with 420 HP / 400 lb-ft Torque 5-Speed Manual Transmission / Rear-Wheel Drive DIMENSIONS: Length: 161.1 Overall Width: 71.4 Height: 50.2 Wheelbase: 95.1 Turning Circle: 34.9 WARRANTY: N/A. This vehicle is being sold As-Is . VIN: VIN: 1G8MB35B17Y113257
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Gear shift Vehicle Steering part Car Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
2007 Base Roadster, "Stock" for the most part, but with lots of interior illumination changes
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the Sky "A" piller bolted on like the C5 and C6 Corvette, or is it welded on? Bolted on would make a "revert back to normal" a practical project for the right enthusiast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts