Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple month ago I took my Redline out for the first time since November. And since I live in Ohio the temp fell from a balmy 70F+ to 50F+ in about five minutes. Which meant I turned on the heater. It had one setting - Hellfire. The other day when it was 80F+ I took it out and switched on the A/C. It had two settings - Arctic and, once moved from the first click, Hellfire.
So before I take Skyler to Fumblefinger Bros. GM to be looked at does anyone have any idea what's going on and/or how to remedy?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,459 Posts
Your HVAC system needs to be calibrated, which you can do yourself. A forum search will get you the procedure, it is quite simple to do.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Actuator Recalibration
When replacing an air temperature, mode, recirculation actuator or the HVAC control assembly, the following calibration process needs to be performed:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control assembly during self-calibration. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

1) Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.

2) Turn the Temperature dial all the way to the right.

3) Turn the blower control dial all the way to the right.

4) Turn the mode position dial all the way to the left.

5) Simultaneously press and hold the A/C and Defrost buttons until the LED's start to flash.

6) Once the LED's stop flashing, calibration is complete.

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
If all else fails...u will need a new actuator...about 25 dollars. Go to u tube...put in replacing an actuator in a Solstice. The rest is plug and play

·
Registered
2007 Saturn Sky Base
30 Posts
I just replaced the actuators on my sky and it's not easy if you are generously proportioned (a bit fat). I had my skinny 13 year old son do most of it. I tried the re-calibration and it worked for a short while then it would sometimes work fine, sometimes click, sometimes go to full heat, sometimes not send air through the center vents. All appears to be fine after replacing both actuators and then doing another re-calibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my 07 Sky last June and had the same issues. I tried to recalibrate and it did not work, tried a new actuator and that did not change anything either. After reading in some forums that there is a resistor that may have to be added but it is not cheap. My receipt from the dealership states: "found feed back voltage out of range on temp door actuators. Installed 60 ohm resistor to circuit 1688 at HVAC control head and retested operation, everything is functioning fine now." This set me back $593. We only drive in on nice sunny days when the top can be down, so did we "really" need to fix it and could we have gotten by with it the way it was, probably. I just like to have everything working properly. So if nothing else works, have someone look at the resistor. God luck!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a heads up, I had this same issue with my 2008 and I tried the re-calibration process. It did not work after the first try, so I did it again three(3) times, still no dice. The next thing I was going to try was adding the resistor, however, another member told me to do the re-calibration process again, but do "multiple" times (I told him I already tried it 3 times in a row...). So with nothing to loose I did it again, but this time I re-calibrated five (5) times in a row, one right after another. Happy to say it worked! Never had another problem with it. Not saying it will work for you, but nothing to loose by trying...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts