Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was talking to the Saturn dealer in Silver Spring (Maryland) today pricing out a RL and he asked me if I had seen the Hydro Blue color...told him yes, that it had been posted on the forum and he told me that Saturn is only making 90 in that color, all manual transmissions, and will have limited edition wheels. They are expecting to get their allotment in about 3 weeks...most of you probably already know this but thought I would pass it along anyhow.....
Also, any other Evening Blue owners who want touch-up paint...we had to "special" order from our dealer (have not gotten it yet) as they are telling us it is not a stock item since the color is still very new and not too many were made...still had to paint the darn things, pour some in a tube!!! Just an FYI...order while you can!!:willy:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Saturn is only making 90 in that color, FYI...order while you can!!:willy:
Talk about a Limited Edition, If I knew how to drive manual, I would get one....:banghead::banghead: And store it, Thanks for the Info...you getting a RL, heard you talking about it at the Myrtle Beach Meet:cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Was talking to the Saturn dealer in Silver Spring (Maryland) today pricing out a RL and he asked me if I had seen the Hydro Blue color...told him yes, that it had been posted on the forum and he told me that Saturn is only making 90 in that color, all manual transmissions, and will have limited edition wheels. They are expecting to get their allotment in about 3 weeks...most of you probably already know this but thought I would pass it along anyhow.....
Also, any other Evening Blue owners who want touch-up paint...we had to "special" order from our dealer (have not gotten it yet) as they are telling us it is not a stock item since the color is still very new and not too many were made...still had to paint the darn things, pour some in a tube!!! Just an FYI...order while you can!!:willy:
The actual truth is that they are going to produce 200 of each type (RedLine/NA) and the transmission choice is whatever the dealer/customer wants.

We ordered one of each, both loaded and with Auto Tranny's, they are supposed to be built THIS week and be here in about 3 weeks...

There you go... More accurate information... :banghead:

BA...

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Am i allowed to tell u that it is an UGLY BLUE? I bet they will have that car on the floor inside the factory...BA, I know last year u did not attend...but they had the Merlot/Ruby Red of both cars...and everyone ogled. No ogling this year with that color.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Am i allowed to tell u that it is an UGLY BLUE? I bet they will have that car on the floor inside the factory...BA, I know last year u did not attend...but they had the Merlot/Ruby Red of both cars...and everyone ogled. No ogling this year with that color.
Hey Mike...

There is no telling if that color is one of those that look better in person than in pictures... :rolleyes:

BA...

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Hey Mike...

There is no telling if that color is one of those that look better in person than in pictures... :rolleyes:

BA...
He never liked Blue Stone either, what makes you think he is going to like Hydro Blue???...:rolleyes::lol: I just don't like the Strip, FUGLY! I saw the Evening Blue for the first time this past weekend and it is AWESOME! in person, just d

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Hey Mike...

BA...
I saw it at the auto show in New York...anyway, I believe it was Hydro...In general, I was very disappointed with the Saturn/Solstice exhibition at the show...GM was really pushing the Camaro...understandedly.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
..In general, I was very disappointed with the Saturn/Solstice exhibition at the show...
I have no idea why they would bother with having two cars there that are no longer going to be?:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
The actual truth is that they are going to produce 200 of each type (RedLine/NA) and the transmission choice is whatever the dealer/customer wants.

BA...
Still, 200 is still limited, that is 4 for each state!:willy:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have no idea why they would bother with having two cars there that are no longer going to be?:banghead::banghead:
Well, that happens when the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing... :rolleyes:

BA...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I disagree. I like this Blue better than any other. I saw some photos from the New York show and the Sky in those photos was an Evening Blue. That is not to say there wasn't an Hydro there just an Evening Blue for sure.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Did not mean to offend just my opinion:)
No offense taken, all I have ever got was great compliments on the color at Car Shows...Hey, everybody has the the right to express their own opinions!:thumbs:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I LOVE my Evening Blue and would not trade the color for anything...I too do not care for the Hydro Blue...I like the darker blue as it seems to show off the chrome alittle more....
Don't think there is a RL in my future Steve...would have to take about an $8k hit and although she is paid for, that is just too much to lose...for that kind of money we can do almost all the mods we want to our Sky....we have only had ours since September and she only has 3000 miles on her...told the dealer thanks but no thanks...he was really pushing the Hydro....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

We ordered one of each, both loaded and with Auto Tranny's, they are supposed to be built THIS week and be here in about 3 weeks...

There you go... More accurate information... :banghead:

BA...
SWEET!! Damn...must be nice!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I LOVE my Evening Blue and would not trade the color for anything...I too do not care for the Hydro Blue...I like the darker blue as it seems to show off the chrome alittle more....
Don't think there is a RL in my future Steve...would have to take about an $8k hit and although she is paid for, that is just too much to lose...for that kind of money we can do almost all the mods we want to our Sky....we have only had ours since September and she only has 3000 miles on her...told the dealer thanks but no thanks...he was really pushing the Hydro....
Hey, do you have metallic in your paint??? or is it solid?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, do you have metallic in your paint??? or is it solid?
No metal flake at all...flat...people say it reminds them of cars from the 60's & 70's...that's why you either love it or hate it....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts