Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honest to god!! I did. It is a blue one (oooooooooooooo NICE shade of blue!!) that is part of the captured fleet (whatever the company cars are).

More later!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was it the dark blue or the bluestone (I call it Carolina Blue)?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
snaponbob said:
Honest to god!! I did. It is a blue one (oooooooooooooo NICE shade of blue!!) that is part of the captured fleet (whatever the company cars are).

More later!!
Did you happen to read the VIN? I saw and sat in a mid blue R/L with VIN 5EX(that's a 5 not an "S")

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is blue 2007 RL. I have seen posts here and on the Solstice forums indicating a medium metallic blue, and it ISN'T. On a darkness scale of 1-10 (I just made this up) it is about an 8. Quite dark, and very rich.

I am in the 'burbs of KC, Mo., and the Solstice club is having a big drive-in event for the weekend. Pontiac sent the Solstice tractor trailer and GM sent the GM Performance rig. When I drove to the hotel there were already about 20 Sols and the company RL. All the colors were already collected. The green is also VERY nice. The Red will damage your retinas!! Basically, there are no bad colors.

Interesting side note; someone drove up with a Solstice that had a center exit "cat back" system. Looked great and sounded better. The bad news is that it won't work on the Sky because of the back-up light. Rats.

I had the chance to pick the brain of the GM engineer that was driving the Redline. No details were offered for the future, but it was clear that there is more to come for the Kappa. AND, the Saab Kappa shown in this months Road & Track isn't!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts