Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but thought not everyone would read that thread also:

Short shifter

I've noticed that the shifter likes to dance around while I'm driving. I've never noticed this with other manual transmission cars I've owned. Do you think this is normal to a short shifter?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Had a shortshifter on my 3-Series (aftermarket) which did not do so, also drove a 350z quite a bit which did not do that. Haven't taken delivery of my SKY yet so I can't tell you if it's normal on them or now but to answer your questions, no you shouldn't have enough vibration to make it "dance" just because it's a short shifter.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had an MR2 Turbo with short throw shifter, 240sx no shake, but then I drove the heavily modified 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata and the shifter shook brand new! I was completely turned off. I don't want my hand shaking or the shifter shaking like a old car when it is brand new.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an MR2 Turbo with short throw shifter, 240sx no shake, but then I drove the heavily modified 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata and the shifter shook brand new! I was completely turned off. I don't want my hand shaking or the shifter shaking like a old car when it is brand new.:rolleyes:
My hand doesn't shake when I'm holding the shifter. I don't feel any vibration at all then. It just sort of jiggles around when I'm not shifting through the gears and am hands off.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My hand doesn't shake when I'm holding the shifter. I don't feel any vibration at all then. It just sort of jiggles around when I'm not shifting through the gears and am hands off.
I bet lots of other things jiggle around also. From what you describe, I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. I was watching a video the other day of a top Japanese driver putting the Sky (sorry, SOLSTICE) and the MX5 through their paces on a course and the stick was definitely displaying some jiggle as he tortured it through the course.

Here's the thread with the video. They put a camera in the cockpit so you could see the driver's pedal and shift action.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7120&highlight=video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts