Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in minnesota....a cold state and convertible.....are not a very good seller, (I will drive my sky about 6 months out of the year). Anyways, I went to my local saturn dealership a month ago and put a deposit down (100 dollars). He had no problem taking my money... I went there about 2 days ago just to keep in contact and see if they had any more information....he assured me I would get a car! Why are some dealerships taking deposits while others are not.....isn't each one run the same. Plus how can he assure me I will get one...does he know more than he is telling.....

P.S. I think I am buying the midnight blue....anyone seen that live....How was it????????

·
Registered
328 Posts
skybeam said:
I live in minnesota....a cold state and convertible.....are not a very good seller, (I will drive my sky about 6 months out of the year). Anyways, I went to my local saturn dealership a month ago and put a deposit down (100 dollars). He had no problem taking my money... I went there about 2 days ago just to keep in contact and see if they had any more information....he assured me I would get a car! Why are some dealerships taking deposits while others are not.....isn't each one run the same. Plus how can he assure me I will get one...does he know more than he is telling.....

P.S. I think I am buying the midnight blue....anyone seen that live....How was it????????
I have heard many different stories; however, my dealer is only keeping a reservation list (as of today) ... because they really do not know their allocation yet. I see good reasons for both scenarios and if you trust your dealer then go by their current policy. JMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
LostSol, I see you are in Iraq now. Just wanted to say thank you for your service. Hopefully you'll be home soon to drive that convertible. Gods' speed my friend.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Got my deposit down on a Midnight Blue. Truely a thing of beauty. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gosh... I envy all you people who have the means to have a second car during the winter months. I, for one, do not have room for a second car, so I can only have one, and I want the sky... What are people like me supposed to do in this situation? Just fill up the back with sand during the winter, or get a different car?

·
Registered
328 Posts
soulbluprint said:
Gosh... I envy all you people who have the means to have a second car during the winter months. I, for one, do not have room for a second car, so I can only have one, and I want the sky... What are people like me supposed to do in this situation? Just fill up the back with sand during the winter, or get a different car?
Tough call ... easiest fix would be to move down South, where the winter is short and mild. :D :cheers: I have seen this discussed in the Sol Forum and that might be a good place for answers. I believe some are buying an extra set of tires for the winter months. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yep, the thing to do is to get a dedicated set of wheels and tires just for your type of winter and DRIVE CAREFULLY!!! :willy:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Yep, the thing to do is to get a dedicated set of wheels and tires just for your type of winter and DRIVE CAREFULLY!!! :willy:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
:cheers: I lived in Colorado Springs for a year and had a few "hairy" drives. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
soulbluprint said:

Move South. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Be careful about that, I bet you cannot put Snow tires of that size on it.... you may have to go down a size or two...

·
Registered
24 Posts
RE wait lists. Many car companies state publicly that they are not involved in wait lists. I went through something similar to this recently. The dealer did honor the wait list and did not charge above MSRP. However, there were dealers who ignored the list when somebody walked off the street offering to pay 5-10K above MSRP for a car sitting on the floor or on the boat. It all depends on the integrity of the dealer and the level of customer service.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Response

It all depends on the integrity of the dealer and the level of customer service.
That sentence says it all and ends any further comments.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Midnight Blue

IF the midnight blue is the same midnight blue of my first saturn, its a great color, almost black unless you give it a second glance.

I have "Midnight Blue" on my 1994 SC2 and I would be getting it on my Sky but figured I should mix things up.

Either way, if you want to get an idea for the color go in search of an old SC(though probably imagine it without 10 years of wear).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Spoke to one of the GM Engineers responsible for the suspension and handling of the Solstice/Sky. He had no problem driving the car in 3 inches of Detroit snow with the RS-A compound tires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
winter months

I think I will purchase a beater for around $2,000 and store the sky in a rentable garage......

·
Registered
111 Posts
Driving on Ice and Snow

Although I live in S. Florida, I remember my days of driving in the Midwest in the Winter. I learned to drive on rear wheel cars. In fact, I had to learn how to drive a front wheel car when they were first introduced.

I lived in the Midwest and drove an MG Midget through two Winters. That's a pretty light car with rear wheel drive.

If you have good tread, drive with caution and plan ahead, it's not a big deal. Most people who get in trouble don't exercise good judgement.

and since ABS is standard on the Sky, that will make a big difference, too.

So, my friends, be safe and stay healthy. I am sure you will enjoy the experience rain, shine or snow.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'd say I'm grateful for living in Southern California, however, right now we're ABLAZE, fires everywhere. It is true though, we have year round good weather (for people), meaning, we don't get too much rain so - I guess that would be a strong factor in our fires right now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts