Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just spoke with my other salesman (yes I have two). He told me that he really likes the Sky himself and he is going to get one. Of course I ask him if they are going to make him pay over 5K for the car as well. He says that he does not know how much they are going charge over the MSRP but he will have to pay it and he will since he likes the car so much.

Maybe I am wrong but this sounds like :bs: looks like :bs: and smells like :bs:

I think he just wants me to think it is okay to pay over the MSRP. :brentil:

BTW I Just became a Senior Member !:cheers:

I'm :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I lived in Nebraska, they were sometimes called "cow pies".

I seriously doubt they'd make employees pay the "bs adjustment". At least my dealer is cool and is sticking by what he told me. Though later purchasers may have to pay over msrp. Plus he's giving me the first Image and taking the second one for himself!:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
richmcc I like you.:thumbs: You tell it like it is:cool:

There are going to be some sales people get a real eye opening when sales don't take off because of high prices. We'll just have to wait I guess to see what happens.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
btw congrats on becoming a Senior Member. Remember everyone that we became senior members because we've made a lot of post, not because we're really old. :D :jester:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, my husband found out today, after our dealer had told us last week there would be a mark up, that actually they will honor msrp to the ones that have placed a pre-order. Those that do not have a pre-order will be paying up to $2,000 more! They are calling it a market adjustment variable. Also, we had found on our local dealer website the policy they have on msrp, printed it out and my husband took it up to the dealership and showed them that they are not practicing what is advertised. That is something we now have clarity on and we will be paying msrp. However, there was an odd part to all of this being that now they want to add tint to the car but can't tell us how much this will be. They were not clear if this will be offered as an option or if they are going to make it mandatory, which frankly, I don't know how they can. Somewhere else on the forum I saw where somebody said something similar but had also mentioned pinstriping. It sounds like you are in a precarious position Richmcc, if you are thinking you are getting:bs: ed then you probably are. $5,000 seems like an awfully large mark-up. I'd be looking at Z4s if that's the case....

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boots said:
Richmcc, if you are thinking you are getting:bs: ed then you probably are. $5,000 seems like an awfully large mark-up. I'd be looking at Z4s if that's the case....
I don't know that it will be $5,000.00 but that was mentioned as a possibility by the Sales Manager.:mad:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would like to know if you all who are on waiting list or have ordered your cars are loyal saturn owners and have bought from the same dealer everytime.

The reason being is I have bought 3 saturns in the last 4 years and sent 3 people in who bought. I was #1 on the list, ordered it all ready and they are charging me List price not a penny over. I'am just wondering if some of you are getting jacked around because you are not loyal customers.

If you are, and have bought many cars are would look for another dealer, and let them know that...Long term your Buisness is worth more than a extra 5K.

·
Registered
38 Posts
pphjj5 said:
I would like to know if you all who are on waiting list or have ordered your cars are loyal saturn owners and have bought from the same dealer everytime.

The reason being is I have bought 3 saturns in the last 4 years and sent 3 people in who bought. I was #1 on the list, ordered it all ready and they are charging me List price not a penny over. I'am just wondering if some of you are getting jacked around because you are not loyal customers.

If you are, and have bought many cars are would look for another dealer, and let them know that...Long term your Buisness is worth more than a extra 5K.
I've never owned a Saturn in my life, nor has anyone in my family. Actually, neither I, nor my wife have ever owned a GM product. But I developed a nice relationship with the dealer, who seems a hell of a lot nicer than the BMW dealership I have to work with for my M3. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've never owned any GM cars either, but am gettting the list price on my Sky. I guess it's just particular dealers trying to jack the price up...:nono:

·
Registered
308 Posts
this is the first time we have ever bought a saturn, our salesman is great, he told us that out of the 9 people that pre registered that 3 have backed out and we were 2nd on the list and the people in front of us are one of the three that backed out so that makes us top on the list.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Msrp

After reading all the problems will MSRP I call our local dealer and he put it in writing MSRP no more, and on dealer add ons...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My dealer says they are shocked at this "upcharge" nonsense, as he called it. They thanked me for the price sheet I brought in as it was exactly the same as their's now (they got one) and that the prices there are what we pay. My dealer owner, ownes 4 Saturn stores. My sales rep said there was even talk about fining, or even pulling the franchise from stores that "upcharge." As my guy said; "It's against everything Saturn has ever stood for.":eek:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pphjj5 said:

I have leased two Saturns from this dealership, then I talked my fiance' at the time, now my wife into buying a vue and I bought a ion Quad Coupe 2 at the same time. So yes, I am a loyal owner. This dealership does not seem to care, they are more interested in $$. They are also one of the top four dealers in the country, so I think they can feel they can do what they want.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rick112 said:
btw congrats on becoming a Senior Member. Remember everyone that we became senior members because we've made a lot of post, not because we're really old. :D :jester:
Does that mean I don't get free box of Depends?? :jester:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That Depends:lol: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts