Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:willy:

Right now I am a free agent or an orphan (depending on how you look at it). Which is okay because there is no way I can get my Sky right now anyways, I simply cannot afford it and plan on getting it later this year. However, this does not keep me from obsessing and wanting the latest info and wanting to have a deposit somewhere will I will be near the top of the list, even though I cannot get the car.

After hearing the news from Angelqute about SOV I am thinking about putting my deposit back there. However, I went from 3 on the list to about 35. Which means I would be fortunate to get my car this year. But, then I can't get it right now anyways!! :willy: :willy: :willy:

I do not know what my point is except that I have to :chill: :chill: . I tihink I really need a 12 step program !!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
keep in mind that the store up here is msrp and had 14ppl on it before the first image came out. I believe there are 10 or so left on the list. I know its a ways from you but still in the same state and my salesperson offered to pick anyone up from the airport who needs to be. Heck, I work only 25 mins from SFO and commute home which is about 5 mins from the dealership. I'd pick you up myself and bring you the rest of the way in my Sky if it meant you could get your sky sooner.

oh ya, they rcvd 3 images (demos), 3 images first round, and 4 images this weeks round. They guy owns 3 dealerships. There are 14 on the list from the 2 smaller stores combined (they combined their list) and about the same at the SR store. So they divvie out the images among the 3 stores as they see fit.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
There will be people drop off the list when there other half finds out. LOL... You get to save a little longer and you're going to need to if you want to get the Red Line instead....:lol:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
usmc said:
keep in mind that the store up here is msrp and had 14ppl on it before the first image came out. I believe there are 10 or so left on the list. I know its a ways from you but still in the same state and my salesperson offered to pick anyone up from the airport who needs to be. Heck, I work only 25 mins from SFO and commute home which is about 5 mins from the dealership. I'd pick you up myself and bring you the rest of the way in my Sky if it meant you could get your sky sooner.

oh ya, they rcvd 3 images (demos), 3 images first round, and 4 images this weeks round. They guy owns 3 dealerships. There are 14 on the list from the 2 smaller stores combined (they combined their list) and about the same at the SR store. So they divvie out the images among the 3 stores as they see fit.
Thanks, I would be willing to travel. Actually what a inagural drive for a Saturn Sky down the PCH, a classic roadster highway!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that even if you are farther down the list, it will still be worth it to work with a dealership that's going to treat you right. I live in Alexandria, VA and the dealership here that's like 2 miles from my house is not taking a list or deposits. They are just taking names and numbers. Then they are ordering all of their allocation fully loaded with everything, and tacking on some dealer-installed options. An awful lot of cars on their lot have pinstripes added. Who does pinstrips anymore?!? Anyway, when the cars start rolling in, they are going to call people on the list and it's first-come first-served. I asked about MSRP, and they said thay will not guarantee that they will sell for MSRP. Also, the salesman never calls me back, and they didn't even call me when they had the pre-production car in the showroom.

So I went across the river to Maryland, and the dealer there has been very amenable. We exchange emails regularly, and he answers my questions as best he can.

Go with the dealer who will treat you best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts