Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a beater car...

I bid $320 for this:

If I win it'll cost me $1200 including fees and towing.

Autobidmaster now says they can provide a Bill of Sale so it can be registered at the California DMV.

There is a weirdness. You look at the Sky and Solstice forums and there's always recent activity and a few regulars.

The Aura forum is crickets chirping.

I don't get it. The Aura is a good looking easy to repair GM car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bought a beautiful black 09 Aura in 13 for $6,000 with almost 80,000 miles on it. Seems like nobody wanted it because Saturn didn't exist anymore. Most people don't understand that it is a Malibu with a much nicer body. Problems during180k+ miles were: Tail lights not functioning properly which was resolved by a recall. There was a bcm electrical contact problem in high humidity locations. They had to unseat the bcm connectors and apply some type of grease and put the connectors back on to fix the tail light problem. Had a camshaft solenoid fail. Had to replace the turn signal switch. Had to replace a windshield washer nozzle that I broke while replacing the deteriorating hose. Had gearshift solenoid replaced because couldn't move shift lever. Wound up replacing drive axle after wife tore rubber boot by running over something in the road. Replaced 2 batteries. Replaced headlight bulbs. Replaced brake pads one time. Right front door lock quit working electrically. Minor valve cover leak. Never had issue with water pump. I can't think of any other problems. I consider it to be a comparably very reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Gave the car away after it was rear-ended. It was cosmetically repaired but didn't drive the same due to alignment issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts