Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm overly obsessed with the SKY, hopefully to own 1 a couple years from now when they just improve tweeks and such and I can afford another $50/month more on my car payment but I've been wanting to see 1 and test drive one but I can not find a dealership around here.

I live in Rotterdam, New York and the only Saturn dealerships I know and that I've stopped to have absolutly no SKY's on the premisis. I'm just wondering if this is normal seeing how they are hard to come by, I would think that they should have at least 1, but they dont. The best luck I had was I saw a SKY in the back lot from a distance that was in the employee lot, probably the manager or something who gets to enjoy life.

:willy: :banghead: :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
from what I understand they're pretty much all sold which would explain the lack of cars on lots.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
General Patton, try Saturn of Queensbury. They phoned me twice about the base SKY and I passed ...waiting for the Red Line.
At the Saratoga Track last night I met a guy who had a order for the Red Line and said this wait was a joke threw the towel in and bought himself a 2007 Vett instead.

The people I know who own either a base SKY or Solstice love their cars and are happy to show them off but will not let folks drive them. I certainly can understand.

I also got three calls from a SKY dealer's in other parts of NYS but they had a base. So if you phone around or make contact on the net you should find one to test drive and maybe drive home.

If I could get a Red Line fast with the options I want, I would fly to Texas, California .. where ever... and drive it home.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
from what I understand they're pretty much all sold which would explain the lack of cars on lots.
No, they aren't even close to being sold out. Call around you'll find some.
And GM will announce when they are sold out for the 2007 build year. They were sold out for the 2006 build year which ended 6/24/06. The cars made from June 26,2006 to Around June 26,2007 are considered 2007 build year. But they are all 2007 models.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I'm overly obsessed with the SKY, hopefully to own 1 a couple years from now when they just improve tweeks and such and I can afford another $50/month more on my car payment but I've been wanting to see 1 and test drive one but I can not find a dealership around here.

I live in Rotterdam, New York and the only Saturn dealerships I know and that I've stopped to have absolutly no SKY's on the premisis. I'm just wondering if this is normal seeing how they are hard to come by, I would think that they should have at least 1, but they dont. The best luck I had was I saw a SKY in the back lot from a distance that was in the employee lot, probably the manager or something who gets to enjoy life.

:willy: :banghead: :(

$50 A MONTH? CAR PAYMENT?? ILL BE PAYING $480 A MONTH FOR 5 YEARS WHEN I GET MY SKY IN 80 DAYS!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Deluke,

I agree with your observation that the Sky is not "sold out".

But I found your comments on "buld years" interesting.

I thought the Sky was only going to do about 10,000 vehicles a year.

Yet the new VINs are over 10,000 right now. What gives--are they gonna jack production a lot higher than they originally said.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm just wondering if this is normal seeing how they are hard to come by, I would think that they should have at least 1, but they dont.
Normal to me, many of us bought our Sky's having only seen pictures and/or demo models at car shows. The first time we TOUCHED a Sky was when we opened the door to own.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I've seen several sky's in the philly area out on the road and at dealers... In fact, this may sound unbeleivable... but I've seen more Skys than Solstices!
Maybe my eye is more in tuned to look for skys... but they just seem to pop up more on the road.

crazy thing #2... I have an RL on order, and while I have sat in a base sky I have never driven (or riden in) one!! Crazy? I was in the dealer when they had an unsold base and offered to take me for a spin, but dealership was closing in 30 mins and the car was inside the dealer so they had to open up the glass. and I said dont bother....

I know I'll get to ride in one before my car becomes an officially picked up order. I hope to try out a Redline. They dont know it yet, but I am counting on Pitcom or Spag to give me a ride in thier Redlines when they get them in the next few weeks... :D I'll meet them at the plant :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Deluke,

I agree with your observation that the Sky is not "sold out".

But I found your comments on "buld years" interesting.

I thought the Sky was only going to do about 10,000 vehicles a year.

Yet the new VINs are over 10,000 right now. What gives--are they gonna jack production a lot higher than they originally said.

Thanks
First of all car est. go by build year. The cars built from feb. 2006 untill 6/24/06 are 2007 model sky's built in the 2006 build year. Consider these a bonus. Then the 2007 build year starts 6/26/06 untill around 6/26/07 . So the 10,000 figure is in the build year for 2007. I also heard that starting the 2007 Solstice build they are sharing the same vin sequence with the Red Line and Opel. Thats why the Solstice didn't start where the 2006 left off. They started with 104500 or something like this. One big happy Kappa family of vins.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
No, they aren't even close to being sold out. Call around you'll find some.
And GM will announce when they are sold out for the 2007 build year. They were sold out for the 2006 build year which ended 6/24/06. The cars made from June 26,2006 to Around June 26,2007 are considered 2007 build year. But they are all 2007 models.
I think what Moparrbust meant was that almost all that are coming into retailers are sold already.

While it is true, some come in that are unsold due to the original buyer backing out or the retailer chooses to order an image for dealer stock instead of for a person on a waiting list, almost all SKY's are already sold and unavailable to test drive or look at.

But correct, as deluke stated here and in other posts, the 2007 build year is still available to order from... dealers with large lists of 30 or more will probably not be able to get a 2007 for someone just putting a deposit down now.

·
Registered
483 Posts
General Patton, try Saturn of Queensbury. They phoned me twice about the base SKY and I passed ...waiting for the Red Line.
Actually, it's Saturn of the Adirondacks (where I got mine) :thumbs: . My dad said he saw a yellow one there last week, probably picked up by now, but who knows?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts