Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or so ago I saw a Sky "kick off event" in Healdsburg CA, where I eek out my living...two weeks after that I was in Italy visiting family and saw the new Opel GT
http://www.opel.com/flash.html (now, wouldn't a complete re-badging be a slick weekend project?!?!?)

....when I got back, I compared the pictures, the specs and went to a Saturn dealer! Today I will return with my wife and a check book and put my deposit down for my very own!

It's time for mid life crisis #2, after 4 years in a pumped up WRX, I want a 2 seater, at least before I can no longer get in one.
I actualy made my decision after a test drive that I was sure would make me leave and not want to buy one (naturaly aspirated,with 177 HP, puhleez). OOPS! It was fun, comfortable, handled really nice and I was able to wind it out and go fast enought to make the salesman squirm a bit. Being a performance junky, I surprisingly decided and ultimately opted for the N/A engine and not the Turbo. I bet you all I can get a speeding ticket just as easy as if I had the turbo. Compared to my WRX, that slams you back into the seat and has you at go-to-jail speed in no time, one might consider the Sky a slug ( 0-60 times are +/- 3 seconds different), but the Sky offers the roadster difference. To me it's a whole bunch more than going 130 on the straight, it's more of a thrill to do 80 just 3" off the ground with those tires right next to your ears! My choice became even easier when I realized I could heel-toe to my hearts content and NEVER have to use high test at the pump! Try that in my Suby or the Sky Red Line and see how much fun it can be to throw misfires and pinging! Never again will I corall my wallet into Premium only.

I'm not going plug up the forum with anymore drivel until I get mine, but I will get my fill of all the info on here.

Until then I'll be lurking, and if you know anyone who would be seriously into purchasing my Subaru in six months, let me know... just kidding, it shouldn't be hard to sell.

'til then
Cheers and happy motoring to all you lucky boys and girls who have one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome! dont go back to lurking though - join in :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts