Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
out the Sky or wanted to give me a ticket....

Diana and I went out for a drive last night...slightly cool (had to run the heater at one point) but with almost a full moon it was beautiful...

We were tooling along in a town that is, at the outer edge pretty much cornfields and got to a crossroads and instead of going forward or left or right we when the light turned green and was safe pulled a u-turn to head home...as I did so I noticed a police cruiser facing us.

Now I took the u-turn easy and proceeded back home....slowly..because there are a lot of deer in the area...about 5-10 BELOW the limit...

Well the squad pulled up real fast next to us but to the rear and hung there for several minutes.....then he pulled in behind us and hung there all the way to the next town..(quite a ways).......

We were just cruising along...but I think he was either checking out the car....or waiting for me to loose my mind and light it up.....

The sky LOOKS very fast...and can get going..but I swear... if he wasnt checking out the car.... then he must have been thinking "a car that looks like that ....MUST... be driven fast..."

I felt bad disappointing him........:D

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Better to be "Cool".... than a fool. :thumbs: These cars look like they're doing 60 sitting still. There's a time and a place for everything. Personally, I've got a little stretch of road on my way home that is great for "blowing out the carbon". No where for Smokey to hide... straight... level... a blast. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

BLUERIDGE SKY said:
Better to be "Cool".... than a fool. :thumbs: These cars look like they're doing 60 sitting still. There's a time and a place for everything. Personally, I've got a little stretch of road on my way home that is great for "blowing out the carbon". No where for Smokey to hide... straight... level... a blast. :thumbs:
Me too...it is of course for the good of the engine......:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
When I was growing up my mother got her first new car. It was a 85 Ford Thunderbird. It was a very nice car. While driving around town a local police officer in Oklahoma City did a fast U-Turn and flashed his lights for her to pull over. She did of course and was worried she had done something wrong.
The officer got out of his car looking very official and walked up to the driver window.
My mother began to get her insurance and drivers license out of her purse when the officer knocked on the window. Before she even got the window half way down the officer was explaining that he did not pull her over for a ticket. In fact he was in the process of buying the exact same car that week. He had noticed a bit of blue smoke coming out of her tailpipe and was wondering how long she had the car.
It was so funny after it was over. The officer was just worried he was buying a car with a problem.
I think police officers are people too. They see something amazing looking and want to see more.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
chris67 said:
out the Sky or wanted to give me a ticket....

Diana and I went out for a drive last night...slightly cool (had to run the heater at one point) but with almost a full moon it was beautiful...

We were tooling along in a town that is, at the outer edge pretty much cornfields and got to a crossroads and instead of going forward or left or right we when the light turned green and was safe pulled a u-turn to head home...as I did so I noticed a police cruiser facing us.

Now I took the u-turn easy and proceeded back home....slowly..because there are a lot of deer in the area...about 5-10 BELOW the limit...

Well the squad pulled up real fast next to us but to the rear and hung there for several minutes.....then he pulled in behind us and hung there all the way to the next town..(quite a ways).......

We were just cruising along...but I think he was either checking out the car....or waiting for me to loose my mind and light it up.....

The sky LOOKS very fast...and can get going..but I swear... if he wasnt checking out the car.... then he must have been thinking "a car that looks like that ....MUST... be driven fast..."

I felt bad disappointing him........:D

Chris
From what it sounds like, the officer saw you do a you turn at an "interesting" location and then then saw you driving slowly *as drunks can do*... I think he was waiting for you to swerve or do something else out of the ordinary.

At least he had a beautiful sight to behold while doing it. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Three times police cars have followed my car into parking lots. They just wanted to check it out and ask questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
chris67 said:
out the Sky or wanted to give me a ticket....

Diana and I went out for a drive last night...slightly cool (had to run the heater at one point) but with almost a full moon it was beautiful...

We were tooling along in a town that is, at the outer edge pretty much cornfields and got to a crossroads and instead of going forward or left or right we when the light turned green and was safe pulled a u-turn to head home...as I did so I noticed a police cruiser facing us.

Now I took the u-turn easy and proceeded back home....slowly..because there are a lot of deer in the area...about 5-10 BELOW the limit...

Well the squad pulled up real fast next to us but to the rear and hung there for several minutes.....then he pulled in behind us and hung there all the way to the next town..(quite a ways).......

We were just cruising along...but I think he was either checking out the car....or waiting for me to loose my mind and light it up.....

The sky LOOKS very fast...and can get going..but I swear... if he wasnt checking out the car.... then he must have been thinking "a car that looks like that ....MUST... be driven fast..."

I felt bad disappointing him........:D

Chris
He was probably just checking out your car, when my daughter and I was driving our Skys home from the meet in Downers Grove last month, a Trooper pulled in behind her on the interstate, after she changed lanes he passed her and trailed me for a few miles, it seemed a while before he decided to go around me and as he did he gave me the trumbs up:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Getting noticed

In Daytona I was stopped at a light and a local cop who was making a left turn right past me. He gave a look that made both my wife and I laugh. Boy did he crank his head around! We laughed all the way to the next traffic light. These experiences will put a smile on your face just thinking of them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do!

RedSky07 said:
In Daytona I was stopped at a light and a local cop who was making a left turn right past me. He gave a look that made both my wife and I laugh. Boy did he crank his head around! We laughed all the way to the next traffic light. These experiences will put a smile on your face just thinking of them!
Its happened about four times now! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Seems to me that a "radar detector" might be a good investment:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
DARZSKY said:
Seems to me that a "radar detector" might be a good investment:lol:
Yeah...but where would you put it? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Know you are kidding around, but if serious about radar look into the k40 integrated front and rear system, no visible device and for me it has been awesome. Will be finding out soon if it can be properly placed on Sky, feel sure that it can.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top