Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky sold in 20 minutes
We got our first Sky Wednesday. I was the guy for the PDI. Within 5 minutes of the car coming off the hauler I started, then within 5 minutes a sales guy comes out and asks when I'll be done. He tells me he has a customer coming to look at it. So, I slap a state inspection sticker on it, pull all the protective plastic off, put it up in the air, check the tire pressures, and presto, THE CUStomeR was there! I put the car down and back it off my lift and off they went. They drive down the road a mile or so and come back and the customer is putting down some money. No more than 20 minutes went buy from it coming off the truck and its sold. Never seen anything like it. Incredible.

Later they let me finish the PDI. I drove it a lil bit behind the shop. Nothing like a Miata, more like a Vette. You gotta point the front end, lots of hood out front, you're sitting just in front of the rear wheels.
If you haven't had a nimble rwd car this is the one. Not all jittery like a miata, not snappy like a Mustang, closer to a perfect balance inbetween the two. Like a small Vette with less power.

The only problem I forsee is the hood release is too far forward, making you want to open the door to release the hood, which is a NO-NO because you aren't suppose to open the hood or close the hood with the door partly open. They tell me the hood and door will make contact with eachother if the door is open, chipping the paint.

Also, getting the lift arms under was a delicate procedure, so I made some 2x8 boards to drive the car onto so I can get the lift arms under it.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I am suprised they had one come in that wasn't a dealer demo or pre-ordered. But, based on the line at my dealer to test the demo the day it came it this doesn't suprise me too much. One drive and you are sold, and that was the with the auto tranny!:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubbacc said:
]The only problem I forsee is the hood release is too far forward, making you want to open the door to release the hood, which is a NO-NO because you aren't suppose to open the hood or close the hood with the door partly open. They tell me the hood and door will make contact with eachother if the door is open, chipping the paint.[/I]

Also, getting the lift arms under was a delicate procedure, so I made some 2x8 boards to drive the car onto so I can get the lift arms under it.[/COLOR]
Itis ok to pop the hood withthe door open, only thing is either open it all the way before opening the hood or close the door first....

·
Registered
804 Posts
At least he got a test drive! My mind still spins to think that I put $$ down last June for a car that I wouldn't even see for 11 months- let alone test drive. I really, REALLY hope the hype is for real and I love the car- my wife will be impossible to live with if it doesn't live up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts