Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been lurking daily for almost a month now. I love this forum and I love this car. We put a deposit down with a dealership here in SE Michigan in the middle of March and were 14th on there list. As of yesterday we had moved up to 5th. However they said they have used all there images for the near future and their best guess is August before I get an image. Well yesterday I got a call from a salesman at another dealership that I had called a couple weeks ago to see how long their list was. He had told me initially that they had used all their images and he had no idea when they would get more. He took my name and said he'd call when the had an image. Well yesterday was the day! He said they bought an image from another dealer and if I wanted it I could have it. It's already been submitted, so I can't make any changes, but it has all the options I wanted (especially red leather) and is in my second choice color. So I took it. I'm getting a sky!!
Any ideal how long until delivery? They said the order is submitted, but they don't have a VIN yet? They thought 4 - 8 weeks, does that seem reasonable?

·
Registered
182 Posts
MISky said:
Any ideal how long until delivery? They said the order is submitted, but they don't have a VIN yet? They thought 4 - 8 weeks, does that seem reasonable?
First congratulations, nothing like tooling on 26 Mile with your new Sky!

Second, this group could get a little feisty when you ask us about 'expected delivery time'. :banghead: This apparently ranges from 1 week to infinity, but good luck. :willy:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Buy it now from Saturn of Clarkston

That exact SKY is available at Saturn of Clarkston NOW!

I drove it yesterday, and if it was Midnight Blue, I would have bought it, but my order is in already, so I will wait.

It was good for me to finally drive one, as I ordered without having even seen one in person, much less drive one. I am happy I ordered when I did, though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Channel 7 News here in the D just ran an interview with Bob Lutz from the NY auto show. The interview took place in a Sky and featured lots of video of the Sky driving around. I was watching the car, but he said something like "It's about product and it's cars like the Sky that will turn things around for GM" He also said GM needs to work on getting the cars people want on the road faster. Very cool. Maybe they'll replay it at 11 for those in the Detroit area.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats on your order! Wow you were really lucky to get one so soon. Having to wait 5 months between my deposit and my image was difficult. Of course now I am waiting for the car but at least I know that I am getting one. And so do you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts