Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah! .... the dealer said to me last week that it was suppose to call me when he had news.... but he didn't so I went down there and toll him"!! you have a VIN give it to me!.....
and he didn't want to give it to me.... weird... then after talking he said how do you know!! ... then I told him I have some friends.....
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??

he also said that he didn't have a complete VIN number ... he said he had the last 8 numbers can this be true too???
(is there any reason why he wouldnt give me all the vin?)

please advice... thanks

oh my vin is(the last 8 that he had for me): 7Y100417
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
hmmmm... how soon after the IMAGE IS ORDERED... do you get a VIN?... or does that have to wait for it to be built?...... just too blonde at this time of night... ty... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
SkyBaby said:
hmmmm... how soon after the IMAGE IS ORDERED... do you get a VIN?... or does that have to wait for it to be built?...... just too blonde at this time of night... ty... SkyBaby-07
I got my VIN on its build date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
azote said:
yeah! .... the dealer said to me last week that it was suppose to call me when he had news.... but he didn't so I went down there and toll him"!! you have a VIN give it to me!.....
and he didn't want to give it to me.... weird... then after talking he said how do you know!! ... then I told him I have some friends.....
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??

he also said that he didn't have a complete VIN number ... he said he had the last 8 numbers can this be true too???
(is there any reason why he wouldnt give me all the vin?)

please advice... thanks

oh my vin is(the last 8 that he had for me): 7Y100417
Yours came off the line 14 ahead of mine. Does this mean our cars are kin?:cool:
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
That's how it worked w/ me too- My GM at first only had the last 8 of the VIN-7Y100478 when the word came that it was built(code 38). I was able to get the rest of it when she actually was delivered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
JayZ said:
Yours came off the line 14 ahead of mine. Does this mean our cars are kin?:cool:
uh they are all kin, Brothers or sisters, and the Solstice is a Cousin....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
azote said:
yeah! .... the dealer said to me last week that it was suppose to call me when he had news.... but he didn't so I went down there and toll him"!! you have a VIN give it to me!.....
and he didn't want to give it to me.... weird... then after talking he said how do you know!! ... then I told him I have some friends.....
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??

he also said that he didn't have a complete VIN number ... he said he had the last 8 numbers can this be true too???
(is there any reason why he wouldnt give me all the vin?)

please advice... thanks

oh my vin is(the last 8 that he had for me): 7Y100417
I am pretty sure the first part you did not get is probably the same for all the cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so is possible that he didn't had all the vin...

how about keeping the car for a couple of days more for paperwork reasons could it be true?

thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
When did your receive your order # and what was it. Trying to guestimate when I might see mine....:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
I just got back from dealer this pm, got my printout for my history book, it has complete vin # on it. Sat right there when he pulled up the Sataus History and printed it out. Also have copy of dealers Consoladated Status Report Showing 040 yesterday. I think you you sit downand have a long talkl with your dealer!!!:lol: :D :thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
azote said:
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??
Yes it can. They are talking about the MSO which is like a title but is the "Factory" title. If their vehicles are not on "floorplan" from GMAC then they need to have the MSO to sell you the car. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sky Dealer said:
Yes it can. They are talking about the MSO which is like a title but is the "Factory" title. If their vehicles are not on "floorplan" from GMAC then they need to have the MSO to sell you the car. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
sorry to bother you but what is a
"floorplan" from GMAC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
floorplan

floorplan is financing of the inventory, it is like a loan for the inventory which is taken out with a bank or gmac which is a finance co like a bank
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
twopatels said:
floorplan is financing of the inventory, it is like a loan for the inventory which is taken out with a bank or gmac which is a finance co like a bank
Thanks!!! You're answer is correct!!! :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top