Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah! .... the dealer said to me last week that it was suppose to call me when he had news.... but he didn't so I went down there and toll him"!! you have a VIN give it to me!.....
and he didn't want to give it to me.... weird... then after talking he said how do you know!! ... then I told him I have some friends.....
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??

he also said that he didn't have a complete VIN number ... he said he had the last 8 numbers can this be true too???
(is there any reason why he wouldnt give me all the vin?)

please advice... thanks

oh my vin is(the last 8 that he had for me): 7Y100417

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
hmmmm... how soon after the IMAGE IS ORDERED... do you get a VIN?... or does that have to wait for it to be built?...... just too blonde at this time of night... ty... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
96 Posts
SkyBaby said:
hmmmm... how soon after the IMAGE IS ORDERED... do you get a VIN?... or does that have to wait for it to be built?...... just too blonde at this time of night... ty... SkyBaby-07
I got my VIN on its build date.

·
Registered
96 Posts
azote said:
yeah! .... the dealer said to me last week that it was suppose to call me when he had news.... but he didn't so I went down there and toll him"!! you have a VIN give it to me!.....
and he didn't want to give it to me.... weird... then after talking he said how do you know!! ... then I told him I have some friends.....
then he came up with that my car have to stay in the dealer a couple of days... because X and Y reason!....
one of those he said because the MO (something to do with the title had to wait)....

Can this be true??

he also said that he didn't have a complete VIN number ... he said he had the last 8 numbers can this be true too???

please advice... thanks

Yours came off the line 14 ahead of mine. Does this mean our cars are kin?:cool:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
That's how it worked w/ me too- My GM at first only had the last 8 of the VIN-7Y100478 when the word came that it was built(code 38). I was able to get the rest of it when she actually was delivered.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
JayZ said:
Yours came off the line 14 ahead of mine. Does this mean our cars are kin?:cool:
uh they are all kin, Brothers or sisters, and the Solstice is a Cousin....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
azote said:

Can this be true??

please advice... thanks

I am pretty sure the first part you did not get is probably the same for all the cars.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so is possible that he didn't had all the vin...

how about keeping the car for a couple of days more for paperwork reasons could it be true?

thanks

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
When did your receive your order # and what was it. Trying to guestimate when I might see mine....:confused:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I just got back from dealer this pm, got my printout for my history book, it has complete vin # on it. Sat right there when he pulled up the Sataus History and printed it out. Also have copy of dealers Consoladated Status Report Showing 040 yesterday. I think you you sit downand have a long talkl with your dealer!!!:lol: :D :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
azote said:

Can this be true??
Yes it can. They are talking about the MSO which is like a title but is the "Factory" title. If their vehicles are not on "floorplan" from GMAC then they need to have the MSO to sell you the car. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sky Dealer said:
Yes it can. They are talking about the MSO which is like a title but is the "Factory" title. If their vehicles are not on "floorplan" from GMAC then they need to have the MSO to sell you the car. :thumbs:

Regards,

sorry to bother you but what is a
"floorplan" from GMAC

·
Registered
48 Posts
floorplan

floorplan is financing of the inventory, it is like a loan for the inventory which is taken out with a bank or gmac which is a finance co like a bank

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
twopatels said:
floorplan is financing of the inventory, it is like a loan for the inventory which is taken out with a bank or gmac which is a finance co like a bank
Thanks!!! You're answer is correct!!! :cheers:

Regards,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts