Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it was exactly 4:37pm...I was at my desk, talking to my husband on the phone, when the other line rang. So I rushed him off the phone and picked up the line, "This is Rachel", I say. And on the other end, a familiar, HAPPY voice says, "Hi Rachel, it's (the GM's name)".

I think that at that very moment, I lost my breath. I mean, there I am, with pictures of the car posted everywhere at my desk (like a complete dork, since I'm a chick - in the most conservative industry in the world), being constantly asked, "when are you getting the car?". GOSH, it's SO ANNOYING!!! I KNOW, I KNOW, WHEN AM IT GETTING THE CAR? And then I hear the magic words (like music), "it's that time....."

So I ordered the Silver Graphite, Premium Trim (black), Black Top, 18" Chrome Wheels, Slip Differential (which I had to ask my husband what is was for), what else..... on the CD/MP3 w/Monsoon whatever. It was fabulous!

Finally, he says, "okay, I'm pushing the button!" I said, "push it, dammit! PUSH IT!!!!". And my confirmation number was born and sent to 030.

The End

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats:thumbs: Soon you'll be riding in your Sky:willy: It IS worth the wait!!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealership has opted to not increase over MSRP for buyers with deposits only. So I will get it at MSRP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
My dealership has opted to not increase over MSRP for buyers with deposits only. So I will get it at MSRP.
Nice to hear that some CA dealers are keeping it real. Congrats:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats. Very happy for you! Any ETA on delivery?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
CONGRATS RACHEL..... WAY TOO COOL.:cool: .... i know how you feel..... on our way to Indiana yesterday, i thought for sh*ts and giggles i would call my GM and see how my BABY was coming along.... well, he says.. you are at number 4.... i kinda sighed... then he says.... but.. BUT... omg... here it comes.... BUT..... there are a few ahead of you that want automatics and we cant get them right now, we were told to just sell the sticks.... OMG...... I GOT SO EXCITED FOR A SHORT FLEETING MINUTE.. then he says..... ok... we have the 3 that are done or shortly about done and i will call you in a few weeks to give you more information.... i was NORMAL again in the Vue driving to our destination in Indiana for work today..... ok... so, here we are driving along, almost to La Porte and well, the phone didnt ring again.. so, we got to our Hotel... no sooner did we step in the door and put our things down to go to the local hospital for Brians work... THE PHONE RANG...... i actually pushed him out of the way to get to it... i mean, maybe it was one of the kids.. and NO ONE EVER calls me.. and.... I JUST CHANGED MY CELL NUMBER... so.. WHO COULD IT BE?..... OMG..... IT WOULDNT CONNECT.... i about died.. i looked at the number and it looked familiar because earlier when i called the dealership i called the switchboard because my salesman wasnt in and i just thought i would leave a message... OK.. then i look at the call ID on my phone and IT IS THE SAME NUMBER THAT THE GM JUST CALLED ME FROM A FEW HOURS AGO..... OMG.. OMG... I WAS GOING NUTS TRYING TO CALL BACK... we played phone tag for about 10 minutes.. then he called back.. and said..... REMEMBER WHEN WE TALKED A BIT AGO AND I SAID... I WOULD CALL YOU BACK WHEN IT IS TIME TO SOLIDIFY YOUR IMAGE?....... I STOPPED BREATHING.... my husband, being a surgeon..... told me to BREATH!!!!... AND I KNOW IT WAS HARD FOR ME TOO... anyway, i did take a breath and then... heard the words...... IT IS TIME.....!!!!!!!!!!!...... so, i told him that ANY AND ALL THINGS WANTED THAT WERE ON THE FINAL PAPERWORK... IS WHAT I WANT... NO CHANGES.. unless the items are not available and you can ask my husband.. I AM NOT PICKY..... just want something PINK ON IT...... dont think that is gonna happen... ok.. back to reality... i was so excited.. and just having surgery a mere week ago.. I JUMPED UP AND DOWN.. paying for that now.. ouchy... i talked to him a short while and then... had to give the phone to Brian.. cuz i couldnt stop GRINNING.... OMG.. IT WAS SO GREAT.... ok.. BABY IS DUE IN APRIL..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wish they would call me with my VIN. I am so anxious!!

:willy:
Angelqute1 said:
Okay, so it was exactly 4:37pm...I was at my desk, talking to my husband on the phone, when the other line rang. So I rushed him off the phone and picked up the line, "This is Rachel", I say. And on the other end, a familiar, HAPPY voice says, "Hi Rachel, it's (the GM's name)".

I think that at that very moment, I lost my breath. I mean, there I am, with pictures of the car posted everywhere at my desk (like a complete dork, since I'm a chick - in the most conservative industry in the world), being constantly asked, "when are you getting the car?". GOSH, it's SO ANNOYING!!! I KNOW, I KNOW, WHEN AM IT GETTING THE CAR? And then I hear the magic words (like music), "it's that time....."

So I ordered the Silver Graphite, Premium Trim (black), Black Top, 18" Chrome Wheels, Slip Differential (which I had to ask my husband what is was for), what else..... on the CD/MP3 w/Monsoon whatever. It was fabulous!

Finally, he says, "okay, I'm pushing the button!" I said, "push it, dammit! PUSH IT!!!!". And my confirmation number was born and sent to 030.

The End

·
Registered
137 Posts
Waiting...waiting...waiting....

I know they say "Patience is a virtue" but I am not a patient waiter - I WANT MY SKY. I am so anxious to get the call. I hate to bug the dealership, but I want to call them for an update.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As for the ETA, I was told to basically assume 10 days to assemble the car (if it's not already assembled - by chance) and 15 days to deliver from DE to CA. I think worst case scenario, we're looking at the middle of April. Of course, best case scenario is on my birthday (the 31st), which would be a Friday as well. I'd probably just drive for 48 hours straight, minus the potty breaks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts