Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not more of ppjhh5, but more to tell
First the car. Black with the red/black interior -- MIND BLOWER! And the chrome wheels were made for this color... :cheers:
I managed to keep my drool off the 30-foot deep finish.:eek:
I did, however touch :D the SKY. One to see if there were any pre drilled holes under the front bumper for a License bracket (no). The second was to feel the clearance of the rear wheel to the wheel well. I could get my fat fingers about 1/2 way by.
Which brings me to news from the dealership.
Unaware of the Service Bulletin for wheel well clearance -:nono: but saw what I was talking about and seemed interested and said they'd let Service know about it.
Second.... Rail to Chicago from Delaware is 8-10 days and once in the Chicago Heights yard must be cleared in 48 Hours. :D
The Black Beauty I saw was delayed for both interior and chromes then delayed again as it arrived in the yard late Friday and could not be cleared until Monday. :banghead: :mad: :willy: :brentil:
So I touched you car ppjhh5... It was nice!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Unaware of the Service Bulletin for wheel well clearance -:nono: but saw what I was talking about and seemed interested and said they'd let Service know about it.
This does not surprise me...my dealer had no clue about it either. Tell your dealer to call my dealer...:lol:

Rick Tinley Park said:
Second.... Rail to Chicago from Delaware is 8-10 days and once in the Chicago Heights yard must be cleared in 48 Hours. :D
Cool! :thumbs: At least with this info, we kinda...sorta...maybe...possibly...have some idea of when to expect our SKYs. Thanks for the update!

p.s. I'm going to drool on....err, I mean check out ppjhh's car on Saturday.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
nscrbug said:
This does not surprise me...my dealer had no clue about it either. Tell your dealer to call my dealer...:lol:

Cool! :thumbs: At least with this info, we kinda...sorta...maybe...possibly...have some idea of when to expect our SKYs. Thanks for the update!

p.s. I'm going to drool on....err, I mean check out ppjhh's car on Saturday.
The dealers in Vegas didn't seem to know anything about it either. They just want to sell more cars. Hundreds in line and not cars to sell.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing

While talking to my sales rep, and just after feeling for holes under teh bumber for a lic/bracket, he said, "They drill two small..." He pointed at the FRONT of the bumper, and noticed my pale face; "You know -- we ask before we do that.." I told him -- toss the bracket in the runk and forget they saw it. He laughed and said that they DO NOT put it on unless told to do so. I told him -- if the make a hole in my YELLOW bumper -- guess what -- new bumper!

Oh yes My CAR is next!!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
hey... NO ONE WANTS TO SEE :rolleyes: MINE!!!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyBaby said:
hey... NO ONE WANTS TO SEE :rolleyes: MINE!!!!! SkyBaby-07

Well......come on down to the Tinley dealer tomorrow so that I can see BOTH! :D :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
While talking to my sales rep, and just after feeling for holes under teh bumber for a lic/bracket, he said, "They drill two small..." He pointed at the FRONT of the bumper, and noticed my pale face; "You know -- we ask before we do that.." I told him -- toss the bracket in the runk and forget they saw it. He laughed and said that they DO NOT put it on unless told to do so. I told him -- if the make a hole in my YELLOW bumper -- guess what -- new bumper!

Oh yes My CAR is next!!!!
Rick,
I picked up my license plate today and the salesman came out with a drill :eek: to put the front license plate on...fortunately, I didn't faint, and told him to put that thing away!!!! :nono: He complied...no front plate! :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Well not more of ppjhh5, but more to tell
First the car. Black with the red/black interior -- MIND BLOWER! And the chrome wheels were made for this color... :cheers:
I managed to keep my drool off the 30-foot deep finish.:eek:
I did, however touch :D the SKY. One to see if there were any pre drilled holes under the front bumper for a License bracket (no). The second was to feel the clearance of the rear wheel to the wheel well. I could get my fat fingers about 1/2 way by.
The Black Beauty I saw was delayed for both interior and chromes then delayed again as it arrived in the yard late Friday and could not be cleared until Monday. :banghead: :mad: :willy: :brentil:
So I touched you car ppjhh5... It was nice!:thumbs:
Rick..it look every bit of a sports care and I agree the wait for the CHROME wheels really makes the car shine....Will be taking it home on MONDAY..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts