Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thought as to why my retailer in Binghamton, NY has not received a SKY yet... while the retailer about an hour to the south in Wilkes-Barre,PA did... and one further north-east in Massachusetts did...

And why Cary didn't, but Winston-Salem did.

My thoughts are the Red-Black interiors. If the order had that interior, it wasn't produced until this week like Ernest's.

Make sense??? To me yes... but also makes me sad... :willy:

What I don't understand though is why my retailer has not received any other images besides the 1st one in January, yet I am seeing retailers on their 3rd - 4th rounds. :banghead:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like everybody around here is going to get way happy way fast.
I'll feel the shame for waiting for the test drive worse now.
On the up side: I just got my well put in today. Got some gaurenteed peaceful times watering the ponderosa till my turn comes around.
That shinney new yellow & black R1 is takin some heavy smack.
I remember the days when our boat was small enough to come out of the water.
I'd love to share the ride, but the bitchin still haunts. Some don't care for the sprited driving. Some can't help it. Still think the 260 hp could fit both bills.
Time Time Time is on my side, yes it is.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It depends on the car that the dealership ordered. For instance, my dealership ordered automatics. Those are not being produced first, the manuals are. There are several other factors as well, I think color is also an issue as well. Don't despair. I have a feeling that my dealership will get their car only a couple of weeks before me, and they ordered theirs a long time ago.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angelqute1 said:
It depends on the car that the dealership ordered. For instance, my dealership ordered automatics. Those are not being produced first, the manuals are. There are several other factors as well, I think color is also an issue as well. Don't despair. I have a feeling that my dealership will get their car only a couple of weeks before me, and they ordered theirs a long time ago.
They ordered an exact copy of the Silver show car... red interior and manual... has to be the red interior that is the hold up... Guess my retailer is in the same boat as Ernest. :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
They told me that would have the Demo next week!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
They ordered an exact copy of the Silver show car... red interior and manual... has to be the red interior that is the hold up... Guess my retailer is in the same boat as Ernest. :D
I just bet you will see lots of the accepted red leather images accepted earlier being produced this week. I think the red leather is in fact a limited production option, caught them off guard in popularity. They ae probably working at this time to increase the percentages as I post. My opinion only, no facts to back me up!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest I don't remember if you actually have a vin yet. Have you got a delivery date?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well some have been delivered north and south of us too, I think it probably has to do with the size of the dealership also who is getting their cars first in the east.
Just beacuse you dealer says he is the largest saturn deale, he may be telling tales, the company actually knows who is larger than whom... they may be the largest in their region but not in the country....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SkyMan 07 said:
well some have been delivered north and south of us too, I think it probably has to do with the size of the dealership also who is getting their cars first in the east.
Just beacuse you dealer says he is the largest saturn deale, he may be telling tales, the company actually knows who is larger than whom... they may be the largest in their region but not in the country....
While I know my retailer is far from being the largest, biggest, highest volume... they also far from being small... they are either the same or bigger/busier/higer volume then the one in Wilkes-Barre.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts