Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with my dealer tonight. Again the dealers know nothing so take everything with a grain of salt. Also remember he is a Canadian dealer. He told me he called the district manager and was told that they wouldn't be able to take orders until MAY :banghead: :mad:

He than backtracked a little and said April or May.

He did say one thing interesting though. He said there would be an unvailing of the Sky on the 11th. I couldn't pin him down to the 11th of what but something is coming.

I have only called my dealer 3 or 4 times in the past couple of weeks so I don't think I was being a pain in the ass or anything like that. I don't know if he was trying to throw me off or what.

Are there any Solstice owners here that were following things when the Solstice development was this far along? How long after this did Pontiac take orders from your experience? How long after ordering did you get a car?

My dealer also told me I was #1 on the list to get a Sky. I'd rather be #2 and I may try to trade spots with the #2 guy. :skep:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot

Toronto is a big place man, is there not another dealer nearby that you can go to?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't shoot the messanger. I'm just telling you what he told me. If there are any dealers out there that can help me pass other information on to my dealer it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
275 Posts
May? That is just sick, sick, sick. :confused: I'm going to try and stay optimistic and go with what my dealer said today, and that was that images should be out by the end of next week. :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who knows what's going on. I figure my dealer couldn't say to much. He did make a point of saying something was happening on the 11th. I tried to clarify the 11th of what but he wouldn't reply. Maybe he was trying to give me my answer without saying anything. I don't know. I hope we don't have to wait that long though.

Again I ask for comments from the Solstice guys. What was your experience during this time in the development of your car? How did things unfold at from this point on. How long did it take to get the Solstice into customer hands from this point in the development. We know they have started making test cars. We've seen the photos.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have to look at the bright side, June ,July, August , Sept premium summer driving weather for me and my Sky. Beats having to park it and look at it especially if there is stll snow:cheers: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
rick112 said:
Again I ask for comments from the Solstice guys. What was your experience during this time in the development of your car? How did things unfold at from this point on. How long did it take to get the Solstice into customer hands from this point in the development. We know they have started making test cars. We've seen the photos.
I ordered my Solstice on 4/15/05 as part of the EOP Apprentice deal, I received #000741 on 10/3/05. That's 182 days or approx 6 months. I recieved a call from Pontiac on 9/1/05, they gave me my VIN# (car was built and on the lot in Wilmington), then they said "allow 4 - 6 weeks for Quality Control and Shipping".

·
Registered
945 Posts
Also ordered 03-05-05
Went to 3000 on 08-12...built (3800) 11-02 ...delivered (4500) 11-15

We Sollie's went through the heavy duty birthing pains
My car ONLY had 12 quality triangles on it...some had 20.
Your SOP is tentative for March....that would probably include mules and X-vins....and a lot of that depends on GM having the modules to build your car.
You might find (as we did) that there are restrictions on what orders can be accepted...such as no two-tone leather...no chrome wheels....all this is due to the supplier modules being able to supply GM at the rate required.
All this is out on the Solstice forum and you have a link to go there.
I strongly recommend you each go to the Solstice Forum and using the search mode find answers to your questions.

example..a lady here at work told me her dad had cancelled his order for a Miata and ordered a SKY down in Ft. Lauderdale ...he thinks he'll be driving it home April 1st. There won't be CAR 1...on April first. :brentil:

Our NEO invitation to you Sky-waiters to join us on our Summer Solstice run might fetch 2 or 3 cars in our area.

Don't mean to burst your bubble....but after the Apprentice a lot of us thought we'd be getting cars late summer....I got mine 11-15...just a week before it got cold.

Expect the worst...be happy with any improvement on the worst. :cool:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
one advantage I think we might have is that many of the modules would be the same as the solstice. so you would hope that the availability bugs have been worked out. like chrome wheels, they have been producing them for months now.

but like you said... expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
945 Posts
like I said...Wilmington might be able to process 1200 cars a week
after adding a 3rd shift...but if the can only get chrome wheels for 900...that is what will be the leveler

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
one advantage I think we might have is that many of the modules would be the same as the solstice. so you would hope that the availability bugs have been worked out. like chrome wheels, they have been producing them for months now.

but like you said... expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.
The Sky has different wheels from the Solstice, so any shortage in supply with one will not mean anything to the other...

·
Registered
945 Posts
unless you get your own module shartages

that's all I'm saying...be prepared for shortages and restrictions

·
Registered
554 Posts
Given the recent spy photos of the production sky cars being built leads me to believe that our local Saturn dealers will be gettinig their demo cars very soon. Expect ordering to begin right after your test drive :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts