Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin' Everyone....

I gave my dealership a call yesterdat and spoke to the GM. As patient as I have been (which is, VERY), he has been just as nice AND informative.

I called over yesterday, having not spoken to anyone in about 2 weeks. Last I had heard, the dealership was allocated 10 cars between their two dealerships. That of course, had me at the next allocation, since I was 6th on the list.

The newest developments are as follows:

1. They are now being allocated 21 cars for the month of March.
2. The first retail order and image have been filled and is now being produced
3. The order of the orders will be, one for the dealership, then one of the pre-orders with a deposit down. So with my car being 6th, I'm in the first allocation. THAT MEANS I SHOULD have my car by mid April
and finally....

after the 5 hour meeting yesterday, and I think the GM "going to bat" for us, ALL ORDERS IN WITH A DEPOSIT DOWN ARE GETTING THE CAR AT MSRP.

I was thrilled to hear all of the good news. I look forward to providing updates as I get them.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great news!

Does that mean that all dealerships will get the same allocation or different amount for different dealer. My dealer still say only 2 per month for the rest of the year.

Which state do you live in?
Kimmi:)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great news now lets see how patient you will be knowing time is getting shorter :) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding is that my dealership (Galpin - a.k.a. Saturn of the Valley) is the largest selling dealership in the nation. They also have a sister dealership in the Santa Clarita Valley (just about 15 miles north) that they are splitting the allocations with. Although Galpin in Van Nuys (suburb of Los Angeles) is a much larger dealership, they are splitting out the allocations evenly until the Santa Clarita pre-sales are met. There are much less pre-orders and deposits in at the Santa Clarita location, however, the Van Nuys dealership is treating it as its "equal", I think. Which is good, because it creates a feeling of "good faith" for the consumer. This way, by ordering like "one for you - one for me", allows the dealerships to sell the cars that are NOT for the pre-orders, above MSRP and make a profit. It seems very fair when you look at the whole picture. I begged the GM to sell it at MSRP and promised that I would not flip it for a profit, that I just wanted it for myself... I think the fact that I communicated a sense of trust and built a friendship, has done nothing but make this process easy, exciting and smooth. My only change, which I will make in an email to him, is that the Bluestone is FOR SURE not available. I forwarded him my order from online. So now, I'm just shooting an email to him on Monday, changing it to Silver Graphite, so my order isn't held up. BTW, I saw a Bluestone"ish" Z4 with a tan top yesterday and I wasn't impressed. I'm going with the Silver Graphite with the black interior - nothing flashy.

Anyway, I hope this provides additional clarification and I hope you all are having pleasant experiences too. I just signed on and I have 790 posts to read, so I have a lot of catching up to do...... =)

Happy Sunday all! Angel

·
Registered
877 Posts
I dont think they can sell some at MSRP and upcharge others that did not pre-order.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this is what he told me post a 5 hour meeting with Corporate yesterday. He's extremely reputable and has worked for Saturn for 19 years. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. I don't know why you'd think that either. Each individual dealership, once they get the cars are allowed to do whatever they want (from what I understand), in terms of pricing. Can someone please elaborate or confirm?????

·
Registered
554 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Well this is what he told me post a 5 hour meeting with Corporate yesterday. He's extremely reputable and has worked for Saturn for 19 years. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. I don't know why you'd think that either. Each individual dealership, once they get the cars are allowed to do whatever they want (from what I understand), in terms of pricing. Can someone please elaborate or confirm?????
It's possible, but don't count of it happening that soon. Being number 2 on my dealer's list and with the car at 040 code I'm not looking for delivery until May. The Solstice and Sky are both being produced at the same factory with the same problems (lots of hand building). My guess is only 30 Sky cars a day can be built before the line is fully ramp'd up. Even with 30 cars a day rolling of the line in one day, inspection of the car can take over 2 weeks time. They tend to sit out on the lot for weeks before they are shipped.

Plan for the worse delivery date and then hopefully you will be surprised if it comes early. Keep the faith.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does anyone know if new info is sent to saturn dealers on any specific day of week? I was thinking that is I knew the day then I could call or visit my dealer on that day and not bug him quite as much....

:confused: Kimmi

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Delnari said:
It's possible, but don't count of it happening that soon. Being number 2 on my dealer's list and with the car at 040 code I'm not looking for delivery until May. The Solstice and Sky are both being produced at the same factory with the same problems (lots of hand building). My guess is only 30 Sky cars a day can be built before the line is fully ramp'd up. Even with 30 cars a day rolling of the line in one day, inspection of the car can take over 2 weeks time. They tend to sit out on the lot for weeks before they are shipped.

Plan for the worse delivery date and then hopefully you will be surprised if it comes early. Keep the faith.
if your at 40 now, you will have your car in april at the latest.
just my opinion

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
kimmi said:
Does anyone know if new info is sent to saturn dealers on any specific day of week? I was thinking that is I knew the day then I could call or visit my dealer on that day and not bug him quite as much....

:confused: Kimmi
My dealer said he gets his updates on wednesday....

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am number 10 of 11 on the list. My dealer told me that by the time my order is to take place that they may be able to switch my order to the Redline model !! :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts