Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around April 15, 06, I put a $500 deposit down on a Sky and was told that It would be Aug or Sep before I got my Sky. Around the middle of May the salesperson called and said they were ordering the Skys that they had deposits on to lock in the price since they anticipated a price increase. Today, 06-06-06,at around 10:30 this morning I got a call from a the Saturn dealer and was told that they had a Sky that someone had ordered and backed out of the deal. I was home with it at 4:30 this afternoon. It was almost what I ordered. Silver Pearl, LSD, premium trim package with black leather and black top. I ordered the 6 disc CD/MP3 but this car had the single CD/MP3 and XM satellite radio. I could live with that. The only other difference was the manual trany when I had ordered the auto. I also could live with that. Actually, thats what I really wanted. But, could I live with my wife who wanted the automatic. I talked her into it. She has owned manual shifts years ago and insisted the she had forgoten how to drive one. She got in the passenger seat and we took a little spin around the block. I pulled back into our driveway, turned it around and put her in the drivers seat. After the second turn and a few shifts she said "hey, I think I got the hang of this." After she drove it around a little we came home and she put the top up and down a couple of times to make sure she could(she's 4'11.5" but claimes to be 5') She's driving it to work tomorrow. I hope I don't have to buy another Sky. Or maybe she can have it and I can get on the list for a red line. The dealership lived up to Saturn's reputation. They did not try to stick me with any dealer add ons like the paint treatment or leather treatment. They didn't offer me what I though I should get for my trade so I didn't trade. I'll run an ad in the paper next week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:cheers: Congrats! The pictures looks great. Welcome to the family. :thumbs:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Car looks sharp, Are those painted wheels?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vstar said:
Car looks sharp, Are those painted wheels?
Yes, painted wheels. The look good on the silver pearl. (same color as car). The demo at my dealer was red with chrome. I think any color except silver pearl would look better with the chrome. especially the darker colors like midnight blue and black. But, lets face it, they don't make an ugly Sky. Any combination that is offered looks good.

·
Registered
877 Posts
GaryH said:
Yes, painted wheels. The look good on the silver pearl. (same color as car). The demo at my dealer was red with chrome. I think any color except silver pearl would look better with the chrome. especially the darker colors like midnight blue and black. But, lets face it, they don't make an ugly Sky. Any combination that is offered looks good.
I agree...... Thats the first silver pearl ive seen with painted wheels, very nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
beautiful car, congrats!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats! So nice to have the car now and not in 2 months! There will be several people out there turning green since you got yours so quick! Have fun!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your car really looks great!!!! Especially good is the short wait. ENJOY !!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
GaryH said:
Around April 15, 06, I put a $500 deposit down on a Sky and was told that It would be Aug or Sep before I got my Sky. Around the middle of May the salesperson called and said they were ordering the Skys that they had deposits on to lock in the price since they anticipated a price increase. Today, 06-06-06,at around 10:30 this morning I got a call from a the Saturn dealer and was told that they had a Sky that someone had ordered and backed out of the deal. I was home with it at 4:30 this afternoon. It was almost what I ordered. Silver Pearl, LSD, premium trim package with black leather and black top. I ordered the 6 disc CD/MP3 but this car had the single CD/MP3 and XM satellite radio. I could live with that. The only other difference was the manual trany when I had ordered the auto. I also could live with that. Actually, thats what I really wanted. But, could I live with my wife who wanted the automatic. I talked her into it. She has owned manual shifts years ago and insisted the she had forgoten how to drive one. She got in the passenger seat and we took a little spin around the block. I pulled back into our driveway, turned it around and put her in the drivers seat. After the second turn and a few shifts she said "hey, I think I got the hang of this." After she drove it around a little we came home and she put the top up and down a couple of times to make sure she could(she's 4'11.5" but claimes to be 5') She's driving it to work tomorrow. I hope I don't have to buy another Sky. Or maybe she can have it and I can get on the list for a red line. The dealership lived up to Saturn's reputation. They did not try to stick me with any dealer add ons like the paint treatment or leather treatment. They didn't offer me what I though I should get for my trade so I didn't trade. I'll run an ad in the paper next week.
LOOKS WONDERFULL!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
looks good...I have painted wheels on my black sky and I personally like them better and they are easier to take care of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts