Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Thanks for your reply... There is a 90 degree one too, but I was thinking that there was a lot of pressure on the coolant coming out of the engine. The outlet connector is 90 degrees.
The pressure is essentially the same throughout the coolant system, certainly the pressure difference isn't enough to worry about.

The hose with the 90 degree connector is the replacement that we have all discussed above. It is readily available from more than one manufacturer.

I just did some measuring on a spare engine. It has the complete hose assemblies, but without the retainers for the QD fittings. The tubes on the t-stat housing measure 3/4", but I have no way of measuring the heater core tubes. It may take trying a couple of different sizes of fitting to find the right one.

·
Super Moderator
11,347 Posts
I wouldn't go by that exactly and here is why. If you look up spark plugs and find a plug one step colder than the OEM and put that part number into a part store's website like you did that one, you get the same message. Not because it won't fit or it won't work, but because it's not the OEM spec.

That fitting is not OEM spec. Does that mean it won't work? No, just means that there is no OEM part on the car that directly replaces because the hose you're looking for has one part number for the fitting and hose together...not separate. So it COULD work, but you'd have to buy one to find out for sure and take that gamble.

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Thanks so much for everyone’s input. Is there any reason why this wouldn’t work View attachment 111926
I just picked up a couple of these connectors, and you will have to measure the hose to know which one to use, but I think that this is not the connector that you need.

There are three varieties of this available at my Advance store:
5/8 tube x 5/8 hose
3/4 tube x 5/8 hose (the one illusted above)
3/4 tube x 3/4 hose

The 3/4 tube is correct. I compared the replacement with the one on my engine, and it matches. So the question is the hose size, and my hose measures 3/4 and not 5/8.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts