Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sky now has a stock # but much to my dismay..it was ordered in silver graphite and not silver pearl.....should I take it or wait for another!!???? please help!!! any and all feedback much appreciated!!:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That is a great question. I like all the colors, I would probally take it. On the other hand, it is your car! It should be your DREAM car, not a compromise. I didn't compromise in love, and I don't compromise in my cars either.

Bet that didn't help at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What to do???

Personally, I'd wait. I'd be irritated as heck...:banghead: ... but I'd wait. I had a tough time deciding whether or not to go Silver Pearl or Silver Graphite. I too decided on the Silver Pearl. It was really a toss-up at the time, but the more I see of both, the more I am thrilled with my decision.

Again, the Graphite is nice, so if you decide to take delivery, it's not like you are getting an ugly car.

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual
Monsoon 6 Disk

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Macpar4 said:
Personally, I'd wait. I'd be irritated as heck...:banghead: ... but I'd wait. I had a tough time deciding whether or not to go Silver Pearl or Silver Graphite. I too decided on the Silver Pearl. It was really a toss-up at the time, but the more I see of both, the more I am thrilled with my decision.

Again, the Graphite is nice, so if you decide to take delivery, it's not like you are getting an ugly car.
And to FURTHER complicate things I had the same dilema with my Sky (Pearl vs. Graphite) and since I was taking the dealer demo when it arrived we weren't sure which one it would be.

I however ended up with the graphite and like Macpar4 but with the other silver the more I drive it and see pictures of it the more happy I am with my (forced) choice.

ALL colors look fantastic and I think the silvers each have a unique look with the pearl blending the chrome accents for a sleek seemless look and the graphite accenting the contrast with the chrome and making it stand out.

I guess the question is how long can you hold out?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
When I took my silver pearl in for service a silver graphite had replaced it on the showroom floor so I've seen both. The graphite makes the chrome hood vents and grill stand out a little more than the pearl. They both look great. I gave up the 6 CD changer for the single CD and XM radio. Then I found out how to rip and burn a CD so I can put about 250 songs on one CD-R or CD-RW. So who needs a 6CD changer?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
chris67 said:
My Sky now has a stock # but much to my dismay..it was ordered in silver graphite and not silver pearl.....should I take it or wait for another!!???? please help!!! any and all feedback much appreciated!!:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
The graphite is beautiful, and meant to be...apparently. :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
A similiar situation happened to me, but not with the color. When I got my order on my red one, I found out they left the lsd off. After talking to the new car manager (yes I was in tears) he felt bad and offered me the next one in which was midnight blue. After talking it over with hubby and girlfriends and mulling over the same issues of compromising, I decided to take the blue one. I AM NOT SORRY ONE BIT. What ever you decide, good luck...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
As all SKY colors look great, it boils down to which you prefer, having seen a graphite, I aalmost changed my R/L to it, but opted to stick with my original order. The red leather will make either silver look great. Red leather is the only option I would not compromise. It really sets the SKY apart.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you like the color take it

Why wait if you can like it. But be angry how could this have happened. See if you can get them to throw in free warranty service for a few years. Hey its worth a shot.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's a real soul search of a dilemma. Personally I'd walk out in the backyard, scream at the top of my lungs, go back inside, mix up a pitcher of margaritas and then sit in the closet and drink them. After that I'd tell the dealership to reorder the RIGHT color and wait. If you plan on spending 25 - 30K on a car you want let it be what you ordered.

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
23 Posts
StarlightSky said:
That's a real soul search of a dilemma. Personally I'd walk out in the backyard, scream at the top of my lungs, go back inside, mix up a pitcher of margaritas and then sit in the closet and drink them. After that I'd tell the dealership to reorder the RIGHT color and wait. If you plan on spending 25 - 30K on a car you want let it be what you ordered.

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
I agree, you want the car to be perfect, exactly as you ordered it. The wait is excruciating, but you're already doing it anyhow. So arm yourself with margaritas, scream & push for free stuff...like the warranty or oil changes, cheaper financing maybe?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
chris67 said:
same thing happened at our dealership, I think the same person that made the dade county florida ballots in the 2000 election must have made the color choice page on the computer....
I think the silver graphite looks classier that the Silver pearl... but that is my opinion

·
Registered
160 Posts
chris67 said:
I had my heart set on silver graphite - even passed up a silver pearl one to wait:eek: Then the saleman called - seemed there was a Black Onyx one availabe with all the fixins. Took me about 20 minutes walking around it before I said, "I'll take it." I'm very happy with my choice. Yes, I compromised on my dream machine, but I don't regret it!

All that said, there is still no excuse for a goof up in your order!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
StarlightSky said:
Chris,
Sit on the deck drink the pitcher and look at the sunset...the difference between silver and graphite is in the clouds over your head..and about 15 minutes apart on a long, July summer evening. When the top is down, the car looks great and a shade of sky that is 15 minutes apart..well you know...it is still the big Sky picture. :) :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow, that's horrible! I'm sorry to hear that. What I would suggest is just waiting until the graphite comes in and taking a look at it and then making a decision. Personally, I would take it -- the colors are pretty similar and if you are anything like me, you are sick of waiting!! I agree with what others have said as far as trying to get the dealership to throw in some warranty service, maybe some free oil changes, a free dealer-installed accessory (like an intake or something), whatever. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Graphite probably looks a tad more spectacular when it's spotlessly clean without dust at all but it seems to me that the lighter pearl is better for those extra hours in the day ( or, gasp, 24 hours ) that you haven't wiped .. (keep it clean folks) .. making the pearl my choice for day to day pleasure.

I have an 06 Ranger pickup in a color similar to the graphite and it's awfully pretty when clean but in my area ( Central Coast CA .. lots of wind ), it's tough to keep it looking pristine.

jmho

:rolleyes:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
The SKY is all about the dream. If you dream in color, and that color is Silver Pearl, then go all sobby to the dealership and say that you want the very next image since they made a mistake last time. They'll probably do it for you - if not ask them, "so what does 'People First' mean again?"

If they can get it in a month or two, and that's what you want, you can have many years of that dream. Three years from now, which are you are you more likely to think to yourself:

"I wish I would have gotten the Silver Pearl that I originally wanted.."

or

"I wish I would not have waited those extra two months to get the car of my dreams..."

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
jdigiant said:
The SKY is all about the dream. If you dream in color, and that color is Silver Pearl, then go all sobby to the dealership and say that you want the very next image since they made a mistake last time. They'll probably do it for you - if not ask them, "so what does 'People First' mean again?"

If they can get it in a month or two, and that's what you want, you can have many years of that dream. Three years from now, which are you are you more likely to think to yourself:

"I wish I would have gotten the Silver Pearl that I originally wanted.."

or

"I wish I would not have waited those extra two months to get the car of my dreams..."
I totally :agree:

·
Registered
185 Posts
chris67 said:
I too wanted silver pearl...until I saw a silver graphite from a forum members pictures! I changed my mind and ordered silver graphite. After a Month and a half of waiting my dealer called and asked if I was interested in their showroom model... It turned out to be Chilli Pepper Red..... now what do I do? take the red now, or wait on my choice until winter time:confused: I decided now was better than waiting for another season to enjoy driving with the top down. Do I regret not waiting? NOT AT ALL ! in fact I now like the Red best of all.... but everyone has their own opinion, and "YOU" have to decide. But remember there are no ugly Skys, it looks great in every color:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts