Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is a milestone for me. I've never had personal plates before. I had several ideas of course all were taken. Well it hit me this morning.

I'll only be driving the car in the summer so why not SUMR TOY. Then I thought SUMR SKY. Sumer toy was taken but I got SUMR SKY!:thumbs:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have reserved "SNNY SKY" for my yellow Sky.

Ok, my daughter thought I could do better, too, but hey, it's a roadster, it's yellow, it's a Sky.

On my Vue I have "VueTh1s" (vuethis was taken), and in VA "TopThis" was open. But seen by itself "TopThis" would look a little arrogant even tho that's not what I mean by it, and that's not me. It would have looked clever next to "VueTh1s", but I won't be driving them side by side simultaneously!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
Well this is a milestone for me. I've never had personal plates before. I had several ideas of course all were taken. Well it hit me this morning.

I'll only be driving the car in the summer so why not SUMR TOY. Then I thought SUMR SKY. Sumer toy was taken but I got SUMR SKY!:thumbs:
:thumbs: Let's hope you get it before summer

·
Registered
669 Posts
Man...I wish Texas would allow 7 characters on personal plates...we're limited to 6.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have my plate.......................................

:) :) I have my plate SKY RYDR .........BUT NO SKY YET:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
438 Posts
skyrider said:
:) :) I have my plate SKY RYDR .........BUT NO SKY YET:confused: :confused:
ME TOO: ALL SKY

·
Registered
182 Posts
First guy (or gal) in Montana should get "BIG SKY".

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok...I'm a little confused here. For those of you who have gotten their personalized or vanity plates already...are you replacing your current plate with your new "Sky" plate until your Sky actually arrives...at which point you will transfer it? Or are you just hanging on to the plate until the car comes in? I want to get a vanity plate for my Sky...but my current car (a 99 VW Beetle) already has a vanity plate (NSCR BUG). I intend on selling the Beetle once my Sky arrives...so I guess my question is...can a person apply for a vanity plate for a car they don't have in their possession yet? I live in IL if that helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
was it $250.00?

I have a personalised plate now, but got that one about 6 years ago & I heard they are much more now, how much was yours?

rick112 said:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Around $250

I'm holding onto my plate until I get my Sky then I will register it with that car

·
Registered
94 Posts
nscrbug said:
Ok...I'm a little confused here. For those of you who have gotten their personalized or vanity plates already...are you replacing your current plate with your new "Sky" plate until your Sky actually arrives...at which point you will transfer it? Or are you just hanging on to the plate until the car comes in? I want to get a vanity plate for my Sky...but my current car (a 99 VW Beetle) already has a vanity plate (NSCR BUG). I intend on selling the Beetle once my Sky arrives...so I guess my question is...can a person apply for a vanity plate for a car they don't have in their possession yet? I live in IL if that helps.
I'm sure the rules vary from state to state, but in NC you need a vehicle (vin#) and it has to be insured. If the insurance goes away, so does your plate. Our new "Sky Blu" plate is on my wifes 2001 SC2 and we will just transfer it to the Sky. Fortunately we are trading it in or it would be a little trickier. Hope this helps, but check with your DMV

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
debbymcg said:
I'm sure the rules vary from state to state, but in NC you need a vehicle (vin#) and it has to be insured. If the insurance goes away, so does your plate. Our new "Sky Blu" plate is on my wifes 2001 SC2 and we will just transfer it to the Sky. Fortunately we are trading it in or it would be a little trickier. Hope this helps, but check with your DMV
Yes it does help...thank you!! I think what I'll do is keep my current vanity plate and have it transferred to the Sky when I sell or trade in my Beetle. Then I will apply for a new vanity plate if my choice is available...if it isn't, I'll just keep my old vanity plate on the Sky. It won't make much sense to anyone but me...but that's ok. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Chloe said:
I have a personalised plate now, but got that one about 6 years ago & I heard they are much more now, how much was yours?

mine was only 123$ for vanity.. no numbers... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nscrbug said:

i just am getting it to replace another vehicles plate , then i will switch it out when my car gets here. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
438 Posts
nscrbug said:
Linda, I bought the sky plate and put that on my wife's car (Since August)! Then I will transfer that plate to the new car and get her a regular plate.

Cost is not 250! Yes there is an additional fee on top of what it would have cost you, but no way near that. In Michigan it's just an extra 30 bucks the first year and 15.00/yr after that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I ordered mine two days ago. 1BLKSKY :thumbs:

Here in California, the basic vanity plate is only $41 to purchase.

You do not have to have a VIN # and can keep it indefinitely, and only pay $30 each year to keep it. :cheers:

I do not have my car yet but I expect it within the next week or so. I hope.:lol:

My VIN # ends in 814.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I got too many ideas -- so I will wait.
I do believe in Illinois if you order the plate new (un plated car) and use 6 letters and 1 number -- there is no extra charge. However, they will pass on a random numbered plate if yours is not available. Then you'd have to apply for personalized plates (extra $$)
If you transfer there is a charge and if you do not use a number then they are not personalized plates but Vanity plates and are more expensive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts