Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But how does that compare to other cars or trucks? I have only owned several pick-ups and a jeep wrangler (4 cylinders)....will this car feel fast to me? Some are bitchin it's too slow...maybe compared to other high end roadsters, but I have to believe it will still have some pep!

·
Registered
80 Posts
My current 2000 Ford Mustang V6 does 7.4 0-60. The 2006 Miata is 6.7, the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire is 6.4, a BMW 330 ci is 6.9, and a Mini Cooper is 8.3.

Hope this gives you an idea.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
virginiasky said:
My current 2000 Ford Mustang V6 does 7.4 0-60. The 2006 Miata is 6.7, the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire is 6.4, a BMW 330 ci is 6.9, and a Mini Cooper is 8.3.

Hope this gives you an idea.
The official 0-60 for the MX-5 I believe is actually 7.0s, the 6.7s values is a magazines findings with the first foot of movement removed. Which then doing the same with the Solstice we've seen values in the high 6.xs for the Solstice then when it's official is 7.2s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm used to driving the crossfire at 6.4 0-60. is 7.2 going to seem that much slower? i haven't driven a large range of cars. 0.8 seconds doesn't sound like much, but 60mph it could be?

·
Registered
311 Posts
themann42 said:
i'm used to driving the crossfire at 6.4 0-60. is 7.2 going to seem that much slower? i haven't driven a large range of cars. 0.8 seconds doesn't sound like much, but 60mph it could be?

Unless you are planning to be racing cars off of a red light, I don't think you will be disappointed.

If you plan on jackrabbit starts to beat cars off a red light, buy a Corvette or a Lotus Elise!

For the going price of a Saturn Sky versus a Vette, you can't go too wrong!:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
mglindo said:
Unless you are planning to be racing cars off of a red light, I don't think you will be disappointed.

If you plan on jackrabbit starts to beat cars off a red light, buy a Corvette or a Lotus Elise!

For the going price of a Saturn Sky versus a Vette, you can't go too wrong!:D
Can the SKY beat the VUE?? :jester:

Good enough for me (living in the quiet suburbs...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts