Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you have all heard the sad stories but here is yet another one. I have been on the side lines at the Sky forum for a long time and the only reason I joined now was to share my heart ache. I put my $500 deposit down in Sept.2005 at the Saturn of Ft. Wayne [one of the Kelley group] in Indiana. I was told 3 times that day and it was wrote on my jacket for my Sky deal that I would be able to buy my Sky on my Fathers GM discount. That was just a bonus and I would have bought it without the discount. Since that time they are now on their 2nd Sales Mngr. and 3rd General Mngr. Everyone up till the last G.M. told me that I would recieve my car with GM discount. When I spoke to the 3rd G.M. [his last name Kelley go figure] I was told NO WAY. We own a used car lot and we don't do buisness that way and don't do buisness with anyone that you can not trust. I should have gotten it in writing like so many of you suggested but I did not think it was a problem. Mr.Kelley informed me that they would be selling for over MSRP. I informed Mr. Kelley to send me my $500 deposit back ASAP and his attitude was FINE no skin off my nose lady. A salesman called 2 weeks later to say they had got their 1st Sky. I stopped him and told him my story and that I no longer had a &500 deposit. He apoligized and said things had changed and that I was not the only one that this had happened to. I told him Sorry Back at you because after my dealings with Saturn my husband went out and bought me a new Crossfire SRT-6. Sad story told over & over. These dealers are setting BAD examples for the Saturn name. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR MARK UP CRAP!!! If you want pin striping I will put it on for $10. If you want window tinting I can get it done for $105. [just had it done on my Crossfire] with a lifetime warranty. I even had reserved my Indiana plate for $40 MY SKY. I am sorry I won't be a SKY SISTER for a while but I will enjoy my Crossfire for now. I hope that some of these dealers will change their minds, I know mine did but it was to late for me but I live with a strong belief that things happen for a reason and I feel this way about me not getting my Sky. Thanks for all of your info

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My Spidey-Sense is tingling today.

I've had a $1000 deposit down since last July 2 at Saturn of South Dade (Miami, FL), and all of the sudden, after receiving their demo last Friday and getting lots of people showing up to see it, the General Sales Manager has taken control of all Sky deals, and he's conveniently unavailable to talk to anybody.

I just know they're gonna spring a dealer markup on me in the next few days after telling me several times that that is not the Saturn way and the price will be whatever is on the factory sticker.

I'm prepared to walk. I kinda like the Crossfire too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure why they would have told you you can get a GM Employee discount on the car because there is currently no employee discount available on the Solstice or Sky.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ya know, for about $250 one-way, you can fly to Chicago and buy a Sky at Saturn of Naperville, IL..who were great and sold me a Sky for MSRP. Ask for Steve. Even if you don't want to drive it down, you can ship it for about $500.

Good luck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Zr1Owner said:
Ya know, for about $250 one-way, you can fly to Chicago and buy a Sky at Saturn of Naperville, IL..who were great and sold me a Sky for MSRP. Ask for Steve. Even if you don't want to drive it down, you can ship it for about $500.

Good luck!

Same with Saturn of Lakeside...Ask for Jamie..they were awesome...not even pushing one aftermarket item!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Zr1Owner said:

Good luck!
Supplier discount just popped up in my email this am for the 2007 SKY ... I don't know if the store will honor it -- but I will see...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was told no supplier discount either even though it's listen on GM's site as it being an eligible car.

Brandon

·
Registered
231 Posts
Zr1Owner said:

Good luck!
uhh, in stock? What's the wait time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replying back on the GM discount, I was down on the list far enough I am sure they figured it would be available by the time I ordered mine. Mine is GM discount. There is a difference. My Dad actually worked for General Motors. It is not GM Supplier discount, not that that matters. GM dealers do not have to give any one any kind of GM discounts unless they want to!!! It is up to the dealerships, though they are nuts if they don't in most cases. Most new models are not available for discounts right out of the starting gate but not far down the track they are. I ordered a new Vette when the C-5s came out. I had to wait a few months but it too applied for GM discount shortly after production started. As we have found on this forum dealers can sale cars for more or less than MSRP if they choose. You may find some dealers who are smart enough to get all the Sky's out the door they can so they can show Saturn they can handle there share which brings up how many Skys will they get in the future. I get my info from my husband who was a General Mngr. for a GM dealership for 15 years. Let's face it, it's a game and we all have to decide if we want to play. I made my choice and said, no I don't think I want to play by rules that change mid way through the game.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealer in Maryland said no GMS pricing (employee or supplier) :nono:

However, they sold at MSRP with no mark up:thumbs:

·
Registered
42 Posts
GM discount

I am new also and share your pain. I work for GM in Janesville, WI. and yes I saw a silver Sky in the shipping area today on my way to work. I talked to Saturn in Rockford and mentioned my discount twice and the salesman never came out and directly told me I couldn't get it. I ordered it 3/10 but got an email several days later stating that I couldn't use the discount so I canceled my order. I guess I'm on the sidelines for now

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
SteveP said:
I am new also and share your pain. I work for GM in Janesville, WI. and yes I saw a silver Sky in the shipping area today on my way to work. I talked to Saturn in Rockford and mentioned my discount twice and the salesman never came out and directly told me I couldn't get it. I ordered it 3/10 but got an email several days later stating that I couldn't use the discount so I canceled my order. I guess I'm on the sidelines for now
How much is that discount worth??? Was it worth cancelling your order?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wanted to change my reply on GM discount because I said dealers had the option of selling at GM discount and what I should have wrote was GMS discount. They are required to give GM discount. Hey here is an idea lets do a couple more kinds of discounts to cloud the waters a little more!!! Sorry about my error. Back to the subject of why I canceled my order it was not because they would not give me GM discount it was because they said they would then after changing Gen. Mngrs. 3 times the third one said not only would I not be able to use my GM discount but that I would have to pay over MSRP. Sorry, you guys and gals do what you want but I am not going to let somebody yank my chain and charge me over MSRP. Like I stated earlier I don't enjoy someone putting it to me if you know what I mean. Thank You for the replies as to where I could get a Sky I gave it a lot of thought before I bought my Crossfire. I will own a Sky someday but I will be doing some research on the dealer before I buy because if I find out they were one of them doing upcharges then I will move on to a dealer that I feel can be trusted even when the temptation was there to upcharge. Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.