Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum and other Sky stuff and I decided I wanted a Redline in graphite gray, with the premium sound system and alloy rims. So I went into my local dealer for a brochure, and there was a Sky, in graphite gray, with all the options I wanted. I took it home the next day, last Thursday. The next day, I had to drive up to Waltham (about an hour). It was a clear day, 81 degrees, light breeze, a perfect day for a Sky.

I love this thing! It hugs curves like it’s going straight and it’s pretty quick from stop. The top is easy to raise and lower and the XM radio is terrific (even though I am still learning how to use it). Of course it looks fantastic!

There are a couple of small annoyances. Is there a button somewhere to lock and unlock the doors, other than on the remote? Also, I am only 5 feet 6 inches tall, so I had to move the seat forward a bit. The seatbelt is really hard to get that way! Finally, there is no place to put anything! Where do you folks put your cell phones and garage door openers so you could easily get to them?

I may upgrade to a Redline at some point; it would be nice to have a little more power. But for now, I’m having fun!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
KappaSphere has seatbelt extenders that go in the pouch behind the seat and keep the belt handy. Check it out here. As for the storage, use the pouch in front of the seat. I was able to get a small, key fob size garage door remote at my local hardware store. It works great and buries itself in the pocket.

Add your name to a long list that would like to see a button to unlock the doors. After a time you'll get pretty used to just grabbing the stem and yanking it like they used to do in the old days...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
804 Posts
There are small net pockets behind each seat. Each seat has a pocket on the front. As far as unlocking goes, there isn't a simple way. You can turn the car off and the doors will unlock, or you can push the button like you said, or you can just pull the lock up...which seems hard to do for awhile, but you get used to it.

OH yes, congrats on your new Sky. You will find it very fun to have!

·
Registered
76 Posts
CONGRATS......:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, welcome to the Sky family!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts