Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sky has been parked in the garage for a few days because my street is getting resurfaced. They have torn up the first layer of the street and it is now down to a rough-grooved surface...with lots of rocks and gravel strewn all over the place...not to mention the 'obstacle course' of construction horses covering the sewers in the middle of the road. :willy: I drove down my block once...heard all kinds of pings from the rocks hitting the underside of my Sky...:eek: That was enough to convince me to park it until the road work is finished...in a few weeks!!! :banghead: With my luck...there will be snow on the ground by the time I can drive my Sky down my block again. :nonod:

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Sky has been parked in the garage for a few days because my street is getting resurfaced. They have torn up the first layer of the street and it is now down to a rough-grooved surface...with lots of rocks and gravel strewn all over the place...not to mention the 'obstacle course' of construction horses covering the sewers in the middle of the road. :willy: I drove down my block once...heard all kinds of pings from the rocks hitting the underside of my Sky...:eek: That was enough to convince me to park it until the road work is finished...in a few weeks!!! :banghead: With my luck...there will be snow on the ground by the time I can drive my Sky down my block again. :nonod:
Yeah,.. So you gotta fork over Taxi money to get to the Circle K for Pop Tarts or to go anywhere, even if for small items liker that.:banghead:

Well, U gotta think of it like this,... their paving a new road for you to tear up:eek:
nice.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My son has moved into a new house (built new) and the streets (as many villages do now) do not have its finish coat on which is 3 inches or so of fine asphalt. What you have to do is be on the lookout for sewer covers, which are set to the correct height (and 3 inches or more higher) waiting to bite that air dam.
I had a little "thud" but nothing more... so far. My son laughs at me saying when I drive down the street to his house; it looks like Sunni has entered the Giant Slalom... :lol:

So I know how ya feel...:thumbs:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I moved from Maywood back in '69 when I was eight. I know it's changed a lot over the years. I still visit the Chicago burbs every year because I still have family in Melrose Park and Hillside. I'd love to meet some of the
"Northern Sky" members while I'm there for Christmas this year. I'll be staying in Lombard.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I moved from Maywood back in '69 when I was eight. I know it's changed a lot over the years. I still visit the Chicago burbs every year because I still have family in Melrose Park and Hillside. I'd love to meet some of the
"Northern Sky" members while I'm there for Christmas this year. I'll be staying in Lombard.
Just a hop, skip and a jump for me.... Of course that time of year I'll be in my Tracker...:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts