Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will make this short. My wife and I ordered her sky back in march from the saturn dealer in Winchester Virginia. We have to keep hounding them for any info on the car. They keep saying they have no idea where the car is in production. I feel it already came in and they sold it to someone who was willing to pay over sticker price. We have contacted saturn and had had no results. They just call the dealer and have them call us, which they only do to say they have no info. Anyone know how I can get in touch with a zone manager for our area? My wife is going crazy waiting for the car and with the dealer being an ass and just ignoring us and not giving any information to use about the car it is not making her or I to happy. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Get the number of the Dealerships General Manager.... or Sales Manager..or go to the Owner and ask them the whereabouts of your car...... call and ask for a copy of your order...... you should be able to call the Saturn Customer Service and give them your information...and they may be able to track it...... Yikes... , let us know what happens..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey! Welcome Aboard!....now for your issue.......

First off I would start calling all the bigger saturn dealers in your area (up to about 100 miles away) and ask ......

1. do they have any images left for this year (an image is what they are given by Saturn that allows them to PLACE an order without it they cant order one) and if they do and are willing to sell for MSRP then I would go there meet with them and potentialy place a refundable deposit. This at least gets you on a list THIS year.. as the amount of available images are starting to dry up.

2. While on the phone...see if they have any Skys Available that were turned down by the person ordering them..or financing fell thru etc.....but you may not get color options, equipment etc. that you want. This is your Sky! This is a serious question only your wife and you can decide.

3. Go To Your dealership and start asking to see the General Manager sales Manager etc. Ask to SEE the order! If they give you the runaround....at the management level...then somethings fishy...get your money back!!!...

4. Use that money to place an order at another dealership in addition to the one in step one...at this point in the game you need to maximize your chances!

I know waiting is tough....but this car is REALLY worth it

I used to sell cars and if you have any other questions please respond

GOOD LUCK....We are here for ya! :thumbs:

·
Registered
49 Posts
^^^ This man is right. Go to the dealership & raise your voice. In retail.. it WILL get you somewhere. :thumbs: Good luck.

·
Registered
574 Posts
PS... Mention this forum..........nothing like bad press

:cool: let the dealership you are not alone!! We are out here right behind you! Also there are great dealerships out there! Mine has been great...this should be a fun experience.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:brentil: Believe me I know what you are feeling!
I placed my money down April 11th for a Red Line and my dealer to this day has not given me a order number or any information. Either my dealer is out of the loop or he chooses not to inform me of DealerWorld status reports. :brentil:

·
Registered
323 Posts
New And Waiting

Skycrazy
I Know What Your Going Through. I Have A Chillipepper Red One On Order At The Same Dealer.he Will Not Go Out Of His Way To Help Use At All. Sorry To Say But Welcome To The Wait.
I Put $500.00 Down In May. They Told Me 3 To 6 Months And It Will Be Here When It Gets Here. They Would Contact Me When It Gets Here. Half The Fun Of Ordering A Sky Is Going On Line And Letting Everyone Know Where Yours Is. Hope We Can Get Together After Ours Arives And Do Some Crewwwwwsiiiiin.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Some dealers are taking this attitude of "we'll get them when we get them, we'll sell them when they come and customers will just have to wait till we call and let them know they're here." They really don't care about Sky's. Guess they figure it is not going to mean much to their bottom line if they sell them or not...probably since they don't expect to see more than one or two a month and figure they'll not have a problem selling once they have them.

I had to call 7 dealers in my area back in June before I got 1 who would give me firm pricing on Red Lines and take a deposit over the phone. They quoted Oct delivery. I continued visiting and calling around for the next three weeks. Even had an animated discussion with one dealer over his "won't sell the one I have til my next one is here" policy. I even offered to write him a check right there for the full amount, told him he could cash, deposit and hold my money for the three weeks til the next one came...he declined!

The following week I got a call from another dealer, someone had backed out of a pre-order (3 months!) and I could have it if I was the first one to walk in and buy. I did. Just lucky. Well worth all the calls and visits. She's everything and more that people claim on the forum.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Still Waiting

Skycrazy
I Forgot To Tell You, I Was At The Dealer On Saturday And They Said The Same Thing. "but" Two Were Coming In The Next Few Days. I Hope One Is Yours. They Said Neather One Was Mine. I Can't Use The Salesmans Name That Told Me This But I Hope It's True

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Has your dealer given you an order number? If the car has truly been ordered they should be able to give you a 6 digit alphanumeric number. You can use that number to call Saturn to trace the car yourself. If they can't give you that number then they may not have even ordered the car yet.

I'm not saying that your dealer is doing this, but, we have heard some reports of dealers taking deposits even though they have no allocations left for this model year.

As you can see from my sig. this is a long process (longer for some then others). Going crazy about the car could cause you to make a serious mistake like paying way over MSRP to get one. Please remember to keep a cool head about this. If you are willing to pay over MSRP there are people willing to sell you a car not. We also have a section here where people are selling their Sky's.

Good luck

·
Registered
323 Posts
I Can Wait For The Best

Rick112
I Did Get A Order # But The Gm Told Me We Could Not Do Anything With It. I Called Other Dealers In The Area And They Said The Only One That Could Look It Up Was The Gm That Ordered It. I'm Not Going To Spend Any More Then I Have To. So I Will Just Wait For Mine. My Wife And I Are Going On A Road Trip September 1st On Skyline Drive. From Front Royal Virginia As Far As We Can Go In One Week. We Were Hoping The Sky Would Be Here By Then. We Will Be Keeping Our Fingers Crossed. Thanks For You Input.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
chris67 said:
First off I would start calling all the bigger saturn dealers in your area (up to about 100 miles away) and ask ......

1. do they have any images left for this year (an image is what they are given by Saturn that allows them to PLACE an order without it they cant order one) and if they do and are willing to sell for MSRP then I would go there meet with them and potentialy place a refundable deposit. This at least gets you on a list THIS year.. as the amount of available images are starting to dry up.

2. While on the phone...see if they have any Skys Available that were turned down by the person ordering them..or financing fell thru etc.....but you may not get color options, equipment etc. that you want. This is your Sky! This is a serious question only your wife and you can decide.

3. Go To Your dealership and start asking to see the General Manager sales Manager etc. Ask to SEE the order! If they give you the runaround....at the management level...then somethings fishy...get your money back!!!...

4. Use that money to place an order at another dealership in addition to the one in step one...at this point in the game you need to maximize your chances!

I know waiting is tough....but this car is REALLY worth it

I used to sell cars and if you have any other questions please respond

GOOD LUCK....We are here for ya! :thumbs:
This is how I would handle it......I've been documenting every phone call, and storing every email...If the dealership I am working with sells the car I ordered...I WILL GO TO THE MEDIA........I am sure publiciy like this is just what SATURN/GM DOESN'T NEED.

p.s. I have a good friend in the news business..hehe:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Answers, but still aggrivated

:thumbs: Thank you all for you input. I think what makes this most frustrating is that i used to sell cars also and never pulled this crap with my customers. Hell, I was even able to get there name printed on the window sticker so they knew it was their car. Well, the update.

:mad: Was on the phone for about 30 minutes with dealer. Was able to get an order number but that was about it. Would not fax me a copy of the order receipt they got or the event codes. He got all pissed off at me for saying I didn't believe they ordered my car or that they may have sold it to somewone else. The best part was when he said he was going to cancel my order because he didn't want to do business with me. All I want is to know how far along the car is. I know he can't make the car any faster, just want the info they have. The order is still in with that dealer. His attitude was it will get here when it gets here.

BOW4BUCK, thanks for the input. So far every time we call we get a different answer of when some more are coming in or how many have came in. Would love to get together to take a cruse up skyline some time when we get the car. 211 is also another great road once you get to the mountains.

For now I am going to see what info I can find out on my own with my order number. I just want info. Heck, if it hasn't been built, maybe we will try to get the color we realy wanted--bluestone.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You should call Saturn Customer Service and tell them how they are treating you! Especially the part where they said they would cancel your order. If they don't give you more answers you could call the Better Business Bureau as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts