Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need Help [need afterschool trasportation home & tutoring for my daughter-$100/wk]

For those of you in So Cal, I wanted to spread the word that I am looking for someone to help out with my daughter after school. I need someone to pick her up, bring her home, assist with her homework (6th grade magnet/gifted academic program) and be a good example. I put an ad on Craig's list, but these people want $18/hour. My daughter can watch herself, it's just that I want someone to make sure she understands and completes her homework. If you know anyone that wants to make an extra $100/wk, let me know.

They will need to show proof of valid drivers license and insurance.

I live in a very, very nice area in Sherman Oaks, south of Ventura Blvd.

Keep your eyes out... thanks
Rachel

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had the same issue with my son. What we did was call the local colleges and spoke with the department head over education majors. We hired a girl that wants to be a 4th grade teacher for 10.00 per hour. The real kicker is the school is giving her partial credit for one of her courses. My son and I both fill out evaluation forms at the end of each semester and her professor establishes goals and objectives of what should be accomplished in accordance with his regular teachers lesson plans. Works out Great!!!!

·
Registered
18,252 Posts
if u can drive her to Marlboro, New Jersey...my wife is retired Dean and former math teacher for the gifted and talented.....Is that a bridge too far Rachel? Just having some fun with u...good luck

Michael

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
if u can drive her to Marlboro, New Jersey...my wife is retired Dean and former math teacher for the gifted and talented.....Is that a bridge too far Rachel? Just having some fun with u...good luck

Michael
I think some Star Trek transporter may work... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
"ineedmorebotox" suggestion is a great way to go. :thumbs:

I would be concerned about some stranger in this day an age. :eek: :willy:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!

I had the same issue with my son. What we did was call the local colleges and spoke with the department head over education majors. We hired a girl that wants to be a 4th grade teacher for 10.00 per hour. The real kicker is the school is giving her partial credit for one of her courses. My son and I both fill out evaluation forms at the end of each semester and her professor establishes goals and objectives of what should be accomplished in accordance with his regular teachers lesson plans. Works out Great!!!!
that's great feedback, I will look into that as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Michael

Phew, talk about a commute!!!!! It would cost too much in gas or I may consider it!

=)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts