Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting really really antzy about getting my Sky.:banghead: I need some ideas to pass the time till it gets here.

No reasonable idea will go untried.

C'mon people help a fellow Sky poster out. Give me your best ideas :thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
good start

You've got a good start by reading posts hear:thumbs: There is a wealth of info here if you dig in a do some reading:D Everything from what products people like to clean the cars with to answers to problems people have already figured out to Sky gatherings:thumbs:

Start practicing you smile for when people with their foreign high dollar cars do a 180 looking at you drive bye:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Visit a Mazda and Honda dealer and take a in a MX-5 and a S2000. String along the annoying sales guy, then say, "this is an okay car, but it is just so ugly next to the SKY. Don't you think that SKY is hot? I mean, how much of a price break can you give me on this? Because I think I'd really rather have a SKY."

Then, after they come up with the best deal possible say, "Nah. That's a good deal but I'd still be stuck with a boring car. I think I'll get a SKY."

·
Registered
151 Posts
What has helped me pass the time is to compare notes and find people whose dates are similar to mine (ex. went to code 3400 about the same time I did) and kind of keep tabs on how we compare. You'd be amazed at the differences! cjegg's just came in and went to 3400 on the same day. MISky's was built 5 days after mine and it just came in. So you just never know. It has kept it interesting for sure. skywulf and I are in a race to the finish line to who gets theirs first. :D

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I'm just keeping myself busy with work, tons of ot. I put my deposit down in may and it feels like yesterday. I'm hoping to just keep myself busy for the summer and trying not to think about it too much.

If you like beer, me and my buds have made a point this summer to visit all the local(and not so local) resteraunts who have thier own micro-breweries. Tasted some very intersting ales, lagers and saisons this summer. It's fun and definately helps pass the time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Salting the Mine

WoW:

What a great idea. I've been driving myself crazy when I had a great resource of people to add to my collection. Look out rice burner sales consultants.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Join the Sky Convoy this weekend and come on up to Downer's Grove with us!

That will kill a day, and get you close to 30 or so Sky's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pitcom said:
If you like beer...
What? You mean, there are folks that DON'T like beer??? :eek:
:cheers:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey RMFNSKY I hope you get a little more info out of your St. Louis Dealer than I do, we have been waiting since May with our deposit and were given the impression that we would be driving it this summer :brentil: Now they act pissed every time I call to get a check-up to the point I'm afraid to call them back :confused: I am crossing my fingers for an early August delivery or at least before the Kids start back school :banghead:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nesting of course - just like a pregnant woman does before her big delivery

• purchase various waxes, cleaners for your new Sky to be
  • purchase accessories
  • clean out the garage
  • paint the garage
  • pack suitcase for hospital trip (oooops delete this one)
  • take Lamaze classes (you might need this one:jester: )
  • get check up from doctor - blood pressure might be up
  • buy yourself a new outfit for delivery trip (remember that its a convertible and people can see you!)
  • get a haircut (wont have time after delivery - thats for sure)
  • buy new breast pump uhhh I mean sunglasses

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OLDMX4 said:
Hey RMFNSKY I hope you get a little more info out of your St. Louis Dealer than I do, we have been waiting since May with our deposit and were given the impression that we would be driving it this summer :brentil: Now they act pissed every time I call to get a check-up to the point I'm afraid to call them back :confused: I am crossing my fingers for an early August delivery or at least before the Kids start back school :banghead:

Who you dealing with?? I ordering from Saturn of Metro East. I was told by the GM last time I was there that I was 1 of only two orders that they did as a special order from all the Lou Fusz dealers.. I knew going in that the wait would be at least 3 months after imaged. I was also told that nothing would be added to the car unless I ordered it. I will take them at thier word but I have not recived the car yet. But if it changes I will walk away.

The folks a t Saturn of Metro East have always been friendly and try to give me as much info as they can. Hope you have better luck with your dealer

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ineedmorebotox said:
Nesting of course - just like a pregnant woman does before her big delivery

• purchase various waxes, cleaners for your new Sky to be
  • purchase accessories
  • clean out the garage
  • paint the garage
  • pack suitcase for hospital trip (oooops delete this one)
  • take Lamaze classes (you might need this one:jester: )
  • get check up from doctor - blood pressure might be up
  • buy yourself a new outfit for delivery trip (remember that its a convertible and people can see you!)
  • get a haircut (wont have time after delivery - thats for sure)
  • buy new breast pump uhhh I mean sunglasses

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Before I got my Sky I would post crazy stories about my dogs and cats and farm animals. Then I would post to keep Ernest calmed down about made up stories. Then kept Skybaby in stitches with stories. So there is plenty to do while waiting for the Sky . Of course in between posting on this forum I also played Freecell and only got up to since Sept of 2005, 13989 games consecutively played with an overall score of 95 %. Of course this does not mean that I am obsessed with posting and whatnot, it just means I have tooo much freecell time on my hands....Skip...excuse me while I knock out 5 more games.....:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Take up Quantum Mechanics or work out Einstiens String Theory. I need some help with this myself.:lol:

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
String theory is easy. Every time you buy an article of clothing as it gets older with washes and such you will have more strings to pull at....Skip...was I helpful?:) :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
StarlightSky said:
Take up Quantum Mechanics or work out Einstiens String Theory. I need some help with this myself.:lol:

ahhhh, ole Albert E=Mc2 would be so proud of you! You know he would have loved a Sky. Pretty obvious by his hairdo that he also drove a convertible. :jester:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ineedmorebotox said:
StarlightSky said:
ahhhh, ole Albert E=Mc2 would be so proud of you! You know he would have loved a Sky. Pretty obvious by his hairdo that he also drove a convertible. :jester:

Yes he would have:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
What has helped me pass the time is to compare notes and find people whose dates are similar to mine (ex. went to code 3400 about the same time I did) and kind of keep tabs on how we compare. You'd be amazed at the differences! cjegg's just came in and went to 3400 on the same day. MISky's was built 5 days after mine and it just came in. So you just never know. It has kept it interesting for sure. skywulf and I are in a race to the finish line to who gets theirs first. :D
Yeah, yeah, MMSKY and I are racing our Sky roadsters and they aren't even here yet. We had a slew of people go 3400 Memorial Day Weekend, and the range in VINS and delivery date is entertaining to study. But then, there is knitting and needlepoint, and stuff like that. or, I am growing tomatoes...and not sleeping very well..I just PMed MMSKY and someone else and I have been wide awake since 4 a.m. You know, maybe I am not much help....:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts