Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have YET to encounter a hurricane, BTW :lol:
My first hurricane was Alicia in Houston in, what was it, 1982? I was pretty uninformed at the time and enjoyed waking out during the eye.

Just went through Rita last year here in Beaumont. Had to close my practice for 7 weeks. Not too much damage at my house...just about 15 trees knocked down. One hit our car port and destroyed it, but no real damage to the house. (We've since moved, though.) Some people still aren't back in their houses, though. Real funny, Katrina hit NO one month before and FEMA and others considered Rita a "non-event." Said we didn't need assistance...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Easy on Cali... Best not be talking about Cali in general. :nono: :cuss:

so hows the weather over there in Michigan? It was 78 degrees today here... ah sunshine... What's this winter you talk about?
Ah Yes..Remember there are two Cali's (four if you count reds n blues). Northern and Southern want to be separate States.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ah Yes..Remember there are two Cali's (four if you count reds n blues). Northern and Southern want to be separate States.
If we seperate you may have to find another fresh water resource!:D I lived in south and north... its that "grass is greener" feeling.. then it goes away and you yearn for home...

·
Registered
802 Posts
No, not really :lol:

Methane is 22 times stronger than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. Ponies create lots of methane. They aren't used for anything today except recreation... :lol: :)
Therein lies the problem! The colon of the average American is the size of a Ponies due in part to McDonalds/KFC/BK/Taco Bell/Dell Taco/and if I forgot anyone put them here [_______]. That is 10 fingers (counting thumbs) to pull. Keep away from open flames! :brentil:

·
Registered
802 Posts
If we seperate you may have to find another fresh water resource!:D I lived in south and north... its that "grass is greener" feeling.. then it goes away and you yearn for home...
Seems the northerners want to refer to Socal as "La La Land" and of course there are "special" names for those in the upper half. Shut off the "American Canal" and divert all of it to Socal, as the people it was supposed to go to are in Socal now anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seems the northerners want to refer to Socal as "La La Land" and of course there are "special" names for those in the upper half. Shut off the "American Canal" and divert all of it to Socal, as the people it was supposed to go to are in Socal now anyway.
Well, we'll think about it. We are upstream, you are down stream... you may not want our water anyway.:nopity: :boxing:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I think I recall that a single cow emits about 350 lbs of methane a year on average, or the equivalent of 7700 lbs of CO2 in greenhouse gas each year.

OR the equivalent of 400ish gallons of gasoline burned through a car, or about or 2/3 of a car equivalent in CO2 emissions per year (at about 20 Miles Per Gallon) or 8000 miles of driving.

A human only puts out (IIRC) about 75 lbs of methane per year. (I dunno - maybe more for eldeeko :eek: :lol: J/K!!!) OR 1650 lbs-equivalent of CO2, or about 85 gallons of gasoline burned, OR 1700 miles equivalent driving. :lol:

Really, though, the major source of methane (3/4 of it) emissions IS human activity, either through waste managment or through farming, fermentation, and food production.

http://www.epa.gov/methane/sources.html

·
Registered
637 Posts
It seems funny that people love to hate on the car manufacturers, too. And people love to hate on the midwest as well.

Did ya MISS my emoticon? :D It was a quick, humorous banter back to Ken, it wasn't meant to start a flame war or any offense.

I've lived in Michigan most all my life - I have YET to encounter a hurricane, BTW :lol:
I saw the emoticons...it's all good...as for people hating on the car manufacturers, it's pretty simple...one of the reasons it's taken so long for car manufacturers to produce large quantities of alt fuel vehicles is because for a long time it hasn't been in their best interest to do so...retooling plants to produce the vehicles is extremely expensive. If it weren't for government intervention, we wouldn't be seeing the rise in the alt fuel vehicles we currently are seeing.
One example I draw from personal experience is back in college, a couple of my fraternity brothers spent several years building a prototype alt fuel engine and patenting it... their intention was simple...they would sell the patent to any auto manufacturer that bid high enough...they knew that their creation would never see the light of day...the manufacturers just wanted to buy the patent to keep it off the market...it sold and they are millionaires.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'll trade Cali AAHnold for ALL of the policticos in NJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would have to put it in a 3 way tie with the hot coffee lawsuits and the "restaurants made me fat" lawsuits.
At least the Hot Coffee lawsuit was partially McDonald's fault. The woman didn't seek a reward, she just wanted the corporation to cover the medical bills for the third degree burns to her genitalia caused when she dropped coffee that was significantly hotter than any other company's, any other store's, and McDonalds' own safety expert's advice.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
GLOBAL WARMING MY LARGE OVERWEIGHT BUTT!!!!

:lol:

Here it is, October 12, and it is SHOWING LIKE A MOFO in SE Michigan... :lol:

A friend of mine in UP (that's Upper Penninsula for non-Michiganders...) is busy shoveling about 20" of snow right now...

I'll bet that somehow, this will be used to "confirm" :rolleyes: that global warming is real....

...except this is supposed to be a late onset winter, la Nina is active now in the climate cycles....

·
Registered
231 Posts
GLOBAL WARMING MY LARGE OVERWEIGHT BUTT!!!!

:lol:

Here it is, October 12, and it is SHOWING LIKE A MOFO in SE Michigan... :lol:

A friend of mine in UP (that's Upper Penninsula for non-Michiganders...) is busy shoveling about 20" of snow right now...

I'll bet that somehow, this will be used to "confirm" :rolleyes: that global warming is real....

...except this is supposed to be a late onset winter, la Nina is active now in the climate cycles....
This sucks. I hate cold weather.

I'm supposed to go to Alaska in a little over a week for early winter testing. It's a white out down here and it's 45 and sunny up there. ...I need to find a job in Arizona...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts