Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... at the Greater Tarrant County Auto Show (in Ft. Worth) ... there she was ... Silver Pearl ... black leather .... perfect! :jester:

What was interesting was the comments/questions the other gawkers had ... like "Is this a Saturn?" :eek: ... "this must be a concept car!" :crazy: ... "Is it in production yet?" :eek: ... "What does it cost?" :willy: ... when I replied 'about $24k', her reply was "WOW!" :eek: ... then she took her camera out of her purse and took a picture.:D

Oh, by the way ... the autoshow workers were obviously pre-briefed on the correct response to the question "When will the Sky be available?" ... I heard 3 different auto show workers respond "the dealers will have 1 in about a month".:)

Oh ... another OBTW ... when the auto show worker recited his canned speech about "Let me tell you about the Sky ... it presents the new face of Saturn ..." you can imagine all the things he had to say ... well at the end of his speech he said " now follow me over the the next new vehicle in the Saturn family ... the all new AURA ... " and he started his speech about that new car as he walked about 10 yards to the Aura area - by himself - because no one followed him -- all stayed at the SKY and continued to gawk at it with me!:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
YEP! Almost everyone has the same reaction. :thumbs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
bubbacc,

I skipped out on the afternoon of work today and checked out the Silver Sky with my buds! It was roped off and appeared to be a prototype to me. If it is a production model, I hope the paint is better than what was on the turtledeck of this one. It had a large area in the middle of the deck that looked like a repair.

Other than that is was awesome to see. If you haven't yet seen one in person, there is no way to comprehend the presence of either Kappa car! They are so wide, almost to the point of looking as wide as they are long! The back end of the car also looks very muscular and strong.

As a sharp contrast, we all went over to the Miata to compare the overall stance...not even close! The Miata (which I used to really like) now looks like a wimpy well worn bar of soap at both ends! Neither the Solstice, nor the Sky look wimpy from any angle.

I left the show after visting the Sky at least 5 times (restraining order is on the way from the guy with the microphone that bubbacc talked about) knowing that I am going to really like finding excuses to run to the store or even back to work just to pick up something that I hadn't actually needed!

Now if we can just keep Saturn dealers from turning to the dark side!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I don't I"ll be able to go, due to in-laws coming to town. I don't feel like taking the whole bunch to the show. So I will just have to wait until I get my own. I don't feel like treating the whole bunch:lol: :lol: Besides seeing one would only make the wait that much more intense:lol: :lol: They always have a handful of gimme and mouthfull of much obliged.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts