Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am visiting family in Santa Clarita, Calif., north of L.A. And I saw a black Sky gassing up and 20 minutes later saw a Graphite one driving around!! How 'bout dat?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I've got one word for that... unbelievable. Thats like seeing two completions in a row for Mark Brunell.

(Ba-doom-doom-chich)

But very amazing, especially since I have still only seen the backend of one Sky (and it was going so fast it may have been a Sol) outside of my own. I hope you waved!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I am visiting family in Santa Clarita, Calif., north of L.A. And I saw a black Sky gassing up and 20 minutes later saw a Graphite one driving around!! How 'bout dat?
As a local, i'd believe it. Sounds like SSC's doing. They always seem to have a bunch and keep em buzzing around.
They're quietly pumping em out onto the street to customers.
Wasn't me though. I'm coming up on two weeks parked waiting on parts with probably another two to go.
If I can just scare up some aftermarket Lucas electricals from The Roadster Factory, I'll be right back at home with my Triumph.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a local, i'd believe it. Sounds like SSC's doing. They always seem to have a bunch and keep em buzzing around.
They're quietly pumping em out onto the street to customers.
Wasn't me though. I'm coming up on two weeks parked waiting on parts with probably another two to go.
If I can just scare up some aftermarket Lucas electricals from The Roadster Factory, I'll be right back at home with my Triumph.
You don't have to pay all that money to the RF. I live 20 minutes from Victoria British. Lower prices for the same trash. How do I know? I own a GT6 and a TR8. (Truth be known, if you own a Spit or GT6 the ONLY way to go is Nigel at SpitBits. Great guy, knows his stuff.)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
You don't have to pay all that money to the RF. I live 20 minutes from Victoria British. Lower prices for the same trash. How do I know? I own a GT6 and a TR8. (Truth be known, if you own a Spit or GT6 the ONLY way to go is Nigel at SpitBits. Great guy, knows his stuff.)

Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. Just making light of my leaks and wait on parts.
Stupidly got rid of my TR6 & GT6 years ago, but the current parked car reminds me of sitting around waiting on parts shipments.
Used to love TRF's catalogs though.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. Just making light of my leaks and wait on parts.
Stupidly got rid of my TR6 & GT6 years ago, but the current parked car reminds me of sitting around waiting on parts shipments.
Used to love TRF's catalogs though.
NTW, no nerves were hit. When the Redline comes in the TR8 will be returned to a much sane state of engine and suspension tuning (SCCA Solo B Street Prepared) for "cruising". I really can't wait for the RL (SCCA A Stock) for autocross and longer drives into the midwest "outback", but there is no four cylinder that makes the noise that a small American V8 makes (Rover 3.5 = 215 C.I. Buick aluminum V8) through headers and resonators. MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!! The GT6+ will get primped up too. Very stock, very clean. And ALL the electrics work on both. The GT6 is like playing a violin after smashing rocks with a sledge hammer.

BUT I WANT MY REDLINE NOW!!!!!!! Dammit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was driving down a 2-lane county highway today in my silver Sky when to my shock and surprise, a red Sky came over the approaching hill towards me.

A big wave out the driver's side was our joint response to each other!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well that's nothing, I came to a 4 way stop and saw a black Solstice across from another black Solstice and a black Sky drove up on the remaining street. That's the only times I've ever seen more than one Kappa at a time. Also it made me feel really good about ordering white ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I saw one late one night pulling out from a gas station. Get this, when I first brought my wife's attention to the local Saturn commercial about the Sky she wasn't really interested ( she's not a sports car person ). Put down my deposit, set Sky pictures around the computer, told her about all the stuff on the Forum, but still not really interested. Then she came home the other day and was all excited...one had passed her on the road. She loved it and just kept talking about how beautiful the car was. Now it's "her" car that I have ordered.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I saw one late one night pulling out from a gas station. Get this, when I first brought my wife's attention to the local Saturn commercial about the Sky she wasn't really interested ( she's not a sports car person ). Put down my deposit, set Sky pictures around the computer, told her about all the stuff on the Forum, but still not really interested. Then she came home the other day and was all excited...one had passed her on the road. She loved it and just kept talking about how beautiful the car was. Now it's "her" car that I have ordered.
Better put a deposit on an R/L for yourself caus you dun lost that one.......Maverick was smart and just bought the car for his wife in the first place.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kappas Spotted In Leelanau.............

Yesterday, we (SkyWidow and I) saw a green Sky in Northport, MI (north of Traverse City). It looked great driving past and also parked. Its owned by a summer resident. Says she is getting about 27mpg. She LOVES the way it drives and has more than enough pep (5 speed manual). Enjoys all the stares from people as she drives by. The green color and chrome wheels is a very distinguished look for the car. This afternoon, I saw a couple in a silver Solstice, polished wheels, IL plates (if that matters) driving thru Suttons Bay, MI. They seemed to be enjoying their Labor Day vacation being 'fudgies'. Great weather here in Leelanau. We're enjoying the areas back roads, scenic vistas and less populated beaches. It's back to the Hoosier state tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts