Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so friday night i was coming over a rather steep hill and hit a rather large/deep pot hole that was right over the crest of the hill.... well i stopped and crawled as far as i could under the car and couldn't see anything visible damaged.

Saturday i took a road tip out to my parents to wash/wax her and generally goof around, everything was find on the way up there well as i was leaving i started hearing this tik tik thump tik tik thump from the engine compartment
that had a rather metallic sound to it.

so here are the details
the sound starts around 12+ mph at 30 i was embarrassed to have this car making a junker noise and you can just hear it over the engine around 60.
it is not related to rpm's, i tried soft and hard starts.
i went over the compartment with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find anything
i kept thinking it was a loose belt or something of the like.

well sunday i was still a little hung over (thank you Halloween :D)
and noticed the sound started as Soon as the car started moving...

well i got down and checked the front of the car and saw a hose hanging down behind the left tire, so in complete panic mode i crawled behind the tire and found a #[email protected]#%!^^%$#!!!!! TWIG stuck in the joint of a large inverted A that connects the frame and the wheel (forgive my automotive ignorance) it seems that it must have been in my parents driway and jammed in there when i backed out, the amusing thing is it ground about half of it off from the freeways.

so anyway there i was in this busy parking lot jumping up and down on the stick and cursing at it after i broke it in to little peaces..... only plus side to this is i didn't listen to the gf and take it into the dealer :lol:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Lol! Good visual! :)

Sounds like a modern day playing card in the bicycle spokes!

Norm

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
TWIG stuck in the joint of a large inverted A
To which we now Christian a phrase, to be placed aside such famous phrases as "don't get your panties in a wad", but this one to be used exclusively amongst gearheads and their victims:

"Don't get a twig stuck in your wishbone".

or variations thereof:

"So, you got a twig stuck in your wishbone"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts