Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure hope you guys are right about when this redline will be coming out. I just got a call from the dealership. I was first in my area to order the sky, but I turned down my 1st in line image to wait on the redline! I am still shaking over the decision! This better no be ugly, or come in only one color!:eek:

·
Registered
274 Posts
you are out of your mind??? you could have got it ! then put your self in line for the redline... and when the redline comes out! sell it!! (even on ebay you would make profit!!) this car is going to be so desire! by everyone in a few months when they start rolling out...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
There has NOT been any OFFICIAL news on the Sky RL. :mad: All you have seen here are RUMORS, plain and simple. :confused: I can tell you that I see no reason why Saturn wouldn't come out with a RL version of the Sky but until there is an OFFICIAL announcement, I would not bet my life on it... :nono:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
There has NOT been any OFFICIAL news on the Sky RL. :mad: All you have seen here are RUMORS, plain and simple. :confused: I can tell you that I see no reason why Saturn wouldn't come out with a RL version of the Sky but until there is an OFFICIAL announcement, I would not bet my life on it... :nono:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Well said, S.D. :thumbs:

And advice that should be heeded...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:agree: :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
azote said:
you are out of your mind??? you could have got it ! then put your self in line for the redline... and when the redline comes out! sell it!! (even on ebay you would make profit!!) this car is going to be so desire! by everyone in a few months when they start rolling out...
Are you sure about that?

Cuz I'm actually aiming for the Red Line... but my budget won't let me handle a big loss if I sell my SKY 6 or 12 month after my purchase.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
Are you sure about that?
I belive on it.... if right now they are killing for one... and a very small % of the US knows about the preorders... image when they start becoming populars .....
lines will be insane... and production will be max out for a while... people will not want to wait 4-7 month for a car that's been out for a year .... while the ones before them get their sky

what I told you is what i'm going to do, because I also want a redline... but I can't wait a year.... (but if you can do it)

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is just no way in hell that Saturn will turn down the opportunity
to build and sell redlines. There is no effort required on their part in terms of design, etc. The Redline would provide more profit and keep the Sky up with the Solstice. I have to assume, without any explicit knowledge, that the
Redline will be available when the GXP is available, or shortly thereafter.
Saturn would be insane not to offer a car as attractive to the public as the Redline and would not stand for Pontiac having the only HiPo Kappa version.
Ditto for the Opel Kappa.

·
Registered
727 Posts
kingarthur said:
There is just no way in hell that Saturn will turn down the opportunity
to build and sell redlines. There is no effort required on their part in terms of design, etc. The Redline would provide more profit and keep the Sky up with the Solstice. I have to assume, without any explicit knowledge, that the
Redline will be available when the GXP is available, or shortly thereafter.
Saturn would be insane not to offer a car as attractive to the public as the Redline and would not stand for Pontiac having the only HiPo Kappa version.
Ditto for the Opel Kappa.
Just to play devil's advocate, I'll throw some ideas into the ring here. However, I am by no means suggesting what I will say will actually happen.

That said, one reason Saturn may not do a redline, or may wait, could simply be because of a turbo motor supply issue. Maybe GM feels that the Solstice will use up all available turbo motors for the US market the first year. Being a new motor, it may be available on a very limited basis. A second issue could simply be to give the motor to Pontiac on an exclusive basis for one model year, as they did with the kappa architecture itself. Now, again, I am not saying either will actually happen.

On the flip side, Saturn may have not announced a redline yet simply because they want to do it at a different time than Pontiac announced the GXP, so neither car would have to share the spotlight with the other over the announcement. Say Saturn waits until the Chicago show, or New York show to make the announcement. It will generate it's own new buzz, instead of being lumped in with the Solstice...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another thought....

One other scenario is that Saturn is waiting to announce the sky before they announce the redline sky. They could be trying to avoid the same thing that happened with me, where I was 1st on the list to get a sky and decided I'd rather wait for the redline. First of all, this means that their prjected demand for the base sky will be off, second it pushes the demand over to a vehicle that will be very limited in production. I think they will do one of 3 things. 1. they will show the redline version at the upcoming auto show and then release the redline soon after the base sky because the GXP is already designed. 2. they will release the redline late summer or 5 months after the base sky is on the lots similar to the GXP release to give the base sky some time to utilize it's hype before pulling another "punch". 3. they will wait and release the redline late in the model year. I lean more towards the 2 scenario as I think they have purposely spaced out the release of each vehicle. I am still surprised they did not release the vehicles in this order: solstice, sky, gxp, redline. Instead they released them in this order: solstice, sky/gxp, redline. Which tells me, "marketing wise", that they are seeing the two companies seperately. The reason I say this is: instead of using the "hype" of one vehicle to launch the other, they have launched the GXP and sky at the same time. This would tell me that they would probably release the redline about the same time after the launch of the sky as they did the GXP after the launch of the solstice. I could be wrong and they release the redline sooner, but I don't think they will release the redline later, it wouldn't make sense. Why would they do that if the engine is ready, and they simpy need to make the cosmetic changes? Even the "devils advocate's" ideas are not real convincing (good thoughts, but not convincing enough) as to why they would not release the redline this year. I'm holding my head up and saying a sooner rather then later release of the redline version.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Nemesis said:
I sure hope you guys are right about when this redline will be coming out. I just got a call from the dealership. I was first in my area to order the sky, but I turned down my 1st in line image to wait on the redline! I am still shaking over the decision! This better no be ugly, or come in only one color!:eek:
A SKY IN THE GARAGE IS WORTH 2 ON THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!!!! I think any early production SKY would be a a good investment. I am not a rocket scientist but I have seen low early production numbers of certain popular autos draw a pretty decent price when sold at a future time. Does this make any sense? This is going to be a hit, hell it was even on the cover of Business Week this week, my Saturn dealeer pulled it up and showed me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts