Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Dealership that has me on their list for a year now has been giving me the run around so I decided to call another dealership. I got so much more info from them. He told me that the automatic is not going to come out until 6 months after the stick. They also said the same things that we have been talking about on this forum. I decided to have him put me on his list for automatics. I am number 9 on Saturn of Cerritos automatic list, which kind of sucks because I was #1 on my other dealers list. They are also taking deposits unlike the other dealership I was with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
PammySky said:
...I decided to have him put me on his list for automatics. I am number 9 on Saturn of Cerritos automatic list, which kind of sucks because I was #1 on my other dealers list. They are also taking deposits unlike the other dealership I was with.
This might work out for you better anyway. I guess there two ways to look at the deposit issue. The first dealer did not know specifics and did not want to be in some quasi-legal situation with you giving him a deposit and he was unable to give you a VIN. The other side was that...well let's say he was not looking out for your best interests.
Being #9 at the other place might mean it will be a l-o-n-g time before you get a car from him. On a bright side for you is that if the Sky is as long in coming as was the Solstice, you might get a chance of picking up a car that someone else gives up on. Who knows? You might want to see if the deposit at dealer #2 is refundable in case you find a car elsewhere. If it is, why not keep you name on both lists? What kind of deposit is dealer #2 asking for and is he going to cash the check you give him? If so, what is he going to do for you in exchange for this early deposit as he has no VIN to assign to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Chip said:
This might work out for you better anyway. I guess there two ways to look at the deposit issue. The first dealer did not know specifics and did not want to be in some quasi-legal situation with you giving him a deposit and he was unable to give you a VIN. The other side was that...well let's say he was not looking out for your best interests.
Being #9 at the other place might mean it will be a l-o-n-g time before you get a car from him. On a bright side for you is that if the Sky is as long in coming as was the Solstice, you might get a chance of picking up a car that someone else gives up on. Who knows? You might want to see if the deposit at dealer #2 is refundable in case you find a car elsewhere. If it is, why not keep you name on both lists? What kind of deposit is dealer #2 asking for and is he going to cash the check you give him? If so, what is he going to do for you in exchange for this early deposit as he has no VIN to assign to you?
Well I hope she got something in Writing stating she willget the car as ordered and for no more than MSRP, and have the samesman and sales manager sign it... Thats what I had done when i gave my deposit
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top