Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
? about building RL on saturns site

Looked on saturns site and when I went to build a RL it was optional for the crome 18" wheels and the performance suspension kit. I thought the RL comes with these already.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
dtbrown said:
I just read something that put the MSRP at $30500. Is this true?
Check out Saturn.com. If you click on SKY and "build your own", you can build your RL and see the MSRP with all of the options (or lack there of) that you want!

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
dtbrown said:
Looked on saturns site and when I went to build a RL it was optional for the crome 18" wheels and the performance suspension kit. I thought the RL comes with these already.
the polished wheels are standard, chrome is an upgrade. Yeah my price was around 31,000 so with options thats quite feasible.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Pitcom said:
the polished wheels are standard, chrome is an upgrade. Yeah my price was around 31,000 so with options thats quite feasible.
It already comes with performance suspension, GM hasn't fixed that option on the site yet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That was one of the first questions that I wanted clarified...what is the difference between the Performance suspension tuning (which is how they word if for the R/L) and the Performance suspension kit (which is a $1577 option). He said that you don't really need the "kit" ($1577), that's really if you're planning to "race". Planning to race???? Is this Daytona??? Now it was my turn to look at him as though he had two heads. I didn't believe a word he said. Can anyone shine any light on this.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The standard Sky has a "base" suspension. There is an upgrade suspension (FE2?) as an option. If one orders a Sky Redline, the upgrade is part of the Redline option. Hence, there is no FACTORY INSTALLED upgrade for the Redline suspension. The web site is wrong. Further, if the dealer wants to sell it, there are firmer shocks and springs available for the Sky.

I drove a base Sky before I ordered a Redline. Based on what goes into the suspension on the Redline (shocks, springs, sway bars, polyurathane bushings, etc.) I expect it will be quite firm. I hope so :thumbs: because that is what I want. A/Stock SCCA autocross, ya' know!!:driving: :driving:

·
Registered
514 Posts
snaponbob said:
The standard Sky has a "base" suspension. There is an upgrade suspension (FE2?) as an option. If one orders a Sky Redline, the upgrade is part of the Redline option. Hence, there is no FACTORY INSTALLED upgrade for the Redline suspension. The web site is wrong. Further, if the dealer wants to sell it, there are firmer shocks and springs available for the Sky.

I drove a base Sky before I ordered a Redline. Based on what goes into the suspension on the Redline (shocks, springs, sway bars, polyurathane bushings, etc.) I expect it will be quite firm. I hope so :thumbs: because that is what I want. A/Stock SCCA autocross, ya' know!!:driving: :driving:
What he said :) The web site is incorrect, you can even put a CAI in the accessories but it won't fit the Redline, those options are for the Base Sol, not the RL.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
if you want a fancy radio, seats or upgrade ... you pay :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
ya the site has been buggy lately with wrong info and such.. I didn't know about the cai not being able fit?
I heard the same thing about the CAI not fitting in the Red Line. And why would you want one any way ?

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
deluke said:
I heard the same thing about the CAI not fitting in the Red Line. And why would you want one any way ?
That's correct. The Saturn site specifically indicates that the CAI is not for use on the RL.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
DARZSKY said:
That was one of the first questions that I wanted clarified...what is the difference between the Performance suspension tuning (which is how they word if for the R/L) and the Performance suspension kit (which is a $1577 option). He said that you don't really need the "kit" ($1577), that's really if you're planning to "race". Planning to race???? Is this Daytona??? Now it was my turn to look at him as though he had two heads. I didn't believe a word he said. Can anyone shine any light on this.
This should help.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=314860&postcount=25

from a Q&A session from a GM Engineer at the National Solstice Meet.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
274 Posts
Alright what does CAI stand for?
Order number: KJKCNV
Midnight Blue/Black Leather
Spoiler, 6 Disk in Dash, 18" cast chrome wheel, Car cover, License plate frame,
Locking Gas Cap, Splash Guards, Tonneau Cover, Wheel Locks, Windscreen,
All Weather floor mats, Ashtray, Highway Emergency Kit.
total about 33,000.00 before trade and taxes.
3rd inline at dealer but 1st for Red Line hopeful to receive before the snow flys!

This will be my 8th saturn Tried SC2, L200, L300, VUE, ION-3 and now 1st RL CONV.

Now at 3000 as of 9/25/06 hopefully soooooonnnnn

As of 10/25 4:10pm now at 3300 getting closer.

Dealer says the rep was in last week from saturn and promised to have all 3 built one last week in oct, skip 1st week in nov and 1 each the next 2 weeks now how long to delivery I read on the latest posts that the is a hold on RL what is that all about????

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
274 Posts
Thanks for letting me know it looks like they took it off the website now under redline.

·
Registered
105 Posts
more bad info

This is fascinating to me that not only to salespeople not have accurate info; their own web site doesn't! Thank goodness for all of you to help all of us!:thumbs:

Scott/Minneapolis

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you order a Sky Redline with just the standard options its $27500.

All I need to do is find a dealer who can get me one without leather, XM, and spolier. Monsoon is the only option I want. I'm #6 on my local list but they told me they are going to be selling fully loaded, no choices, and no choice of color (gotta love that Kearny Mesa Saturn buying experience :rolleyes: ) I hate the way the XM antenna ruins the rear of the car, ditto the spoiler, don't want it, hate leather, have it in my Lexus, never again, and OnStar? I already have a navigation unit, and a cell phone :(

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
If you order a Sky Redline with just the standard options its $27500.

All I need to do is find a dealer who can get me one without leather, XM, spolier, and OnStar. I'm #6 on my local list but they told me they are going to be selling fully loaded, no choices, and no choice of color (gotta love that Kearny Mesa Saturn buying experience :rolleyes: ) I hate the way the XM antenna ruins the rear of the car, ditto the spoiler, don't want it, hate leather, have it in my Lexus, never again, and OnStar? I already have a navigation unit, and a cell phone :(
Well then why are you going to buckle under to the pressure of a dealership practice you sound roundly condemn? Practice what you preach on the Solstice board and find another dealership. (Apparently, the prohibition to speaking of specific dealerships does not apply to you.) ALL Skys are special ordered and the dealership you are going to give your money to has "shotgun" ordered a bunch of Redlines KNOWING he will sell all of them as soon as they touch ground. Sellers market, buy or die, take it or leave it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts