Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it today. I traded my "Red Baron" in for exactly what I paid for it six months and 2500 miles ago. In fact the dealer gave me exactly what I paid for it ($26420) and even added in the original $100.00 documentation fee. I have mixed feelings. I will miss him, but on the other hand over the last six month of cruising, some of the initial thrill has worked off but certainly not the joy of driving him, or the attention I got everywhere. . I now have the anticipation of getting the long anticipated "REDLINE". I ordered it May 15th and expect to get it around November. I am getting the same color combo as before, except for the single CD Moonsoon radio. For your info, the difference for the RL was $3085.00. I expect the dealer to sell it in a matter of days. I will try to find out how fast it sold and for how much.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Did the same only sold mine on E-Bay for 4k more than sticker with 2500 miles as well..and waiting for my RL as well....Will be fun if they ever come..........pphjj5

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Did the same only sold mine on E-Bay for 4k more than sticker with 2500 miles as well..and waiting for my RL as well....Will be fun if they ever come..........pphjj5
Was that a few months ago. Because they aren't selling for anything like that now. The prices I see on Ebay now are close to MSRP.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have succeded in making me feel bad. Did you sell your recently? What I have seen on ebay and auto trader is that they weren't bringing that much. Besides, don't forget the $1700 I saved in Ohio sales tax by trading.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have succeded in making me feel bad. Did you sell your recently? What I have seen on ebay and auto trader is that they weren't bringing that much. Besides, don't forget the $1700 I saved in Ohio sales tax by trading.
It was a good idea to trade now versus later. My SKY ended up on ebay after I traded it in - and didnt sell for anywhere near what it should have. I think there will be a nice handful of used SKYS available in the marketplace in the next 6 months because of "upgrading to the REDLINE'

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well I did it today. I traded my "Red Baron" in for exactly what I paid for it six months and 2500 miles ago. In fact the dealer gave me exactly what I paid for it ($26420) and even added in the original $100.00 documentation fee. I have mixed feelings. I will miss him, but on the other hand over the last six month of cruising, some of the initial thrill has worked off but certainly not the joy of driving him, or the attention I got everywhere. . I now have the anticipation of getting the long anticipated "REDLINE". I ordered it May 15th and expect to get it around November. I am getting the same color combo as before, except for the single CD Moonsoon radio. For your info, the difference for the RL was $3085.00. I expect the dealer to sell it in a matter of days. I will try to find out how fast it sold and for how much.
Let me ask you this because it crossed my mind with the eBay sellers also. If you trade it in or sell it for what you bought it for, don't you loose money after taxes, title and tags? Or do you just consider that amount like rent between when you bought and sold?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Let me ask you this because it crossed my mind with the eBay sellers also. If you trade it in or sell it for what you bought it for, don't you loose money after taxes, title and tags? Or do you just consider that amount like rent between when you bought and sold?
In Ct. and alot of states when you trade your car even though your getting MSRP say you get the sales tax advantage. So you only pay sales tax on the difference. And if you sell outright you have to pay all sales tax on thge new car plus loose any sales tax advantage that you got on the first trade. I paid with all upgrades 26200.00. I traded my solstice for 26400.00. I would have to sell that car for 28500.00/ 238800.00 to equal the deal with my trade. because now I will only have to pay around 170.00 on my new car for sales tax.

Then you have to consider the advertising you had to pay for to sell out right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts