Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been trying to get answer about the Red Leather Restriction, so i put it to the big guys, what is your problem? Are you ever going to come forward and give an answer as to when red leather interior option is available to be shipped? What gives, and I am posting this to the so called Saturn big wigs that , supposedly monitor this site. Well if you weren't going to be able to handle the interior option at this time, why did you accept orders, and then lock them in. there a lots of people who read this Forum and as of this date the only question you have evaded is the Red Leather issue. I think, at risk of catching it, you should have someone come forward with an answer and estimated availability date. What is so hard about that? I am a long time Saturn buyer and will continue to be, no problem there, however there are a lot of first time Saturn customers who might form a bad opinion from this.

In my opinion it is pretty poor planning on your part. Any of you Saturn types that monitor site care to step up and answer this simple question? I sure would to see you do it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
:agree:

I'm next to order at my dealership and was hoping for the red/black. It would be nice to know if I should just give up on those hopes and start thinking about a different color!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I wanted it too.. but told not to hold my breath..... NOT FAIR..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am willing to wait for it, I have no choice now, I am more or less trying to see if there is anybody in Saturn that has the guts to step up with an answer.
I am just one good ole boy, but I can maybe get something going. I have always in my business, and life found that if you can't get answers at lower levels, you take it to the top. Well I done just that put in right in their laps.
The balls in their court now. I don't mean to make waves, just want an honest answer, it isn't like it's a National Security issue, you know, just a simple production issue.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Ernest said:
I have been trying to get answer about the Red Leather Restriction, so i put it to the big guys, what is your problem? Are you ever going to come forward and give an answer as to when red leather interior option is available to be shipped? What gives, and I am posting this to the so called Saturn big wigs that , supposedly monitor this site. Well if you weren't going to be able to handle the interior option at this time, why did you accept orders, and then lock them in. there a lots of people who read this Forum and as of this date the only question you have evaded is the Red Leather issue. I think, at risk of catching it, you should have someone come forward with an answer and estimated availability date. What is so hard about that? I am a long time Saturn buyer and will continue to be, no problem there, however there are a lot of first time Saturn customers who might form a bad opinion from this.

In my opinion it is pretty poor planning on your part. Any of you Saturn types that monitor site care to step up and answer this simple question? I sure would to see you do it.
:chill:

Breathe deep, Ernest. In two weeks or less, I truly believe you'll be able to look out the window and see exactly what is going on with your car.

We don't actually know that there is any problem or delay involving your car or any others with red leather. We only know that your order couldn't be altered anymore and they have limited incoming red leather orders. According to posts in a few other threads, the entire first batch of cars has already been built and is being shipped out to the individual dealers. If those posts are correct, then they really shouldn't accept any more changes to your order because your car has already been built.

The temporary limitation on new orders with red leather is likely due to their not wanting to have more orders for it than they can fill. It does seem to be very popular, perhaps a lot more than originally forecast. They'll start taking more orders for red when they know they'll be able to fill them.

As for a Saturn bigwig answering any of our questions on the site, I really doubt that would ever happen. It hasn't ever happened before that I know of. Sure, they read what we're writing, probably discuss amongst themselves, and likely even take action based on some of it. That would be the definition of monitoring the site. If Jill Ladjiak were to come on and start posting, it would become her full-time job. I'd rather all the Saturn honchos keep plugging away and working on getting our cars to us ASAP.

Just hang tight. It'll all be OK soon enough. :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they are all built, why I am still at 030 today? It is a dealer image. I am willing to wait, just wish they would give me an explanation. Plain and simple.
Thanks for settling me down, I needed a slap in the face again:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ernest said:
If they are all built, why I am still at 030 today? It is a dealer image. I am willing to wait, just wish they would give me an explanation. Plain and simple.
Thanks for settling me down, I needed a slap in the face again:lol: :lol:
Could there be an extra quality control step that is at issue?? For example, lets say one of the red preproduction models had the red leather crack in the cold Michigan winter. Maybe the supplier initially said they could supply the red components but at the last minute had a "breakdown" in their factory.

Bottom line is nobody seems to know, although I can appreciate your frustration :mad: - even the littlest bit of information would be helpful at this point. One would hope at least one person at Saturn would be able to make a 30 second phone call.

Hang in there my man. Maybe a year from now we won't even remember these stressors after tanning with the top down for a while.:jester:

·
Registered
55 Posts
, why I am still at 030 today? It is a dealer image. ``

What do you mean by that ?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chyno said:
, why I am still at 030 today? It is a dealer image. ``

What do you mean by that ?
It means that my order was from a dealer demo image, at 030 means it is accepted but not built. The image is what a dealer gets when they are alloted a vehicle from Saturn.. That is it in a nutshell. Go to getting your SKY thread for more info about this. I hope I was of some help.:thumbs:

·
Registered
174 Posts
ERNEST..My order according to my dealer is on the way, I have ordered Black car with Red/Black leather interior. I have not been told any differnt, now when it comes in the next week or so I guess I will know if it is mine. I did have the first one and he has a vin he says..........So I will let you all know how it all works out, but he said my order is comming in the way I ordered it as far as he knows............pphjj5

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I would venture to say , now this is just my opinion, that they may have underestimated the demand for the red/black interior, and it is possible the supplier of one or more of these componests cannot keep up with the demand. It happened with some items on the Solstice. then again it could be a quality issue, maybe the supplier of one or more componets quality fell below the GM requirement, so they have to make a new batch to get them and inspect them before release... that could even happen with a dealer Demo...
My dealer ordered the Chili Pepper Red for his Demo, then they told him the Chili Pepper Red won't be built till later, that is one reason I changed to the Midnight Blue. He said that was going to be one of the first colors made and it may make mine get here sooner...
Like I said these are just my opinions.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would like to address a couple points rasied here:

First if Jill would come on and give us just some basic updates she would not have to address every one of us. Say once a week come on and give us a quick update.

Second if they are having a supply problem they created it by not accepting orders earlier. Had they done that they would have had an early sample of what the customers want on this car. As is GM took a shot at what they thought the customer might want.

I am a retired Field Service Engineer from a major supplier to GM & Ford and I know that they know months in advance what the plan is. Yes, occasionally there is a problem that causes the plan to change. When that happens they are very cautious about airing their dirty laundry.

I have never seen such a botched launched as this one. I just hope engineering did a better job than the PR dept.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
I would like to address a couple points rasied here:

First if Jill would come on and give us just some basic updates she would not have to address every one of us. Say once a week come on and give us a quick update.

Second if they are having a supply problem they created it by not accepting orders earlier. Had they done that they would have had an early sample of what the customers want on this car. As is GM took a shot at what they thought the customer might want.

I am a retired Field Service Engineer from a major supplier to GM & Ford and I know that they know months in advance what the plan is. Yes, occasionally there is a problem that causes the plan to change. When that happens they are very cautious about airing their dirty laundry.

I have never seen such a botched launched as this one. I just hope engineering did a better job than the PR dept.
You must have not followed the Solstice Saga, by that standard this is going very well.... At least the cars will be starting to arrive at the first of spring like promised instead of the last of summer like with the Solstice...

·
Registered
274 Posts
uhm... if it was for me they could take as long as it takes .. as long as is before end of summer....
I would not like to get my car at the right time if I will have to almost live in the dealership because of defects on the car coming up every week.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
Personally I don't think GM's botched a single thing with the Sky launch, it's gone very smooth and as predicted.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
brentil said:
Personally I don't think GM's botched a single thing with the Sky launch, it's gone very smooth and as predicted.
:agree:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
We ran into this at the Solstice forum too. Members need to realize car companies don't have systems in place for alerting car owners with the level of detail a lot of people here are expecting. Most cars are built per the dealers design and shipped to them and customers are never involved in the process. If you have a dealer who really cares about you as a customer they can get an answer from GM about specifics, but they have to be willing to look into it. Smaller Dealer at the Solstice forum looks info up like this for us all the time there.

The reseason for the limitation? More then likely the exact same one the Sol had with two tone interior. You're talking about a LOW volume option on an extremely LOW volume car, GM doesn't have thousands of these interior combinations just laying around, especially with production just starting. They're special designed leather, they take time to make and build stock of. As far as we know GM's been building them for months now to get the stock they have already.

A lot of people get iritated with GM over the issues found through car creation process, but the thing most people need to realize is their dealers are the ones they should have the issues with since they either lie or don't provide the information you're wanting them too.

As I mentioned this launch has gone rather flawless. Restrictions are a fact of car creation even on higher volume cars too. 100,000+ per year cars get restrictions too. The Solstice wheels for example were on restriction because the maker wanted more money for them and wasn't building them till they got paid more if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
:D Sorry to hear your not getting the answers you deserve. It really must be frustrating not knowing what is going on ( I Guess just like the rest of us). The difference is that you are expecting a DEALER model and why hast saturn atleast told them that their order image is being delayed or does that mean they wont even get a car at the beginning of the launch?

I too have been frustrated because I ordered the red leather and am told it was excepted. If yours wasnt made do to the lack of materials how can any of us second round (I'm number 2 at my dealer)be expecting it any time too. I have been watching your image stay at 30 for the last few weeks. I have also been watching everyone else go to built and even shiped(whatever codes those are) What I dont understand is if they truley have a supply issue, WHY ARENT THEY EXCEPTING CHANGES!:banghead:
Oh well that felt better. I guess I have to try to get back to reality and understand like my husband says "it is what it is and will happen when it happens". Much easier for him to say now that it isnt his BOAT we are wainting for.

One thing I can say is this forum is great therapy and I do feel better for talking.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts