Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Solstice on the road yesterday. Looked great but the roof still needs work. That back part by the trunk that pins into the trunk didn't quite look right on one side. Perhaps he didn't have it secured properly. Hopefully it will be worked out for the Sky production.

I am assuming that the roof for the Sky will be exactly the same as the Solstice but we have never heard that from Saturn. We've never seen the Sky with the roof up!

·
Registered
328 Posts
It took a while for the Sol to show theirs too. I believe the ones being shown do not even have tops on them.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that. My thought is that issues are still being worked out. I hope that the roof is similar but that problems are resolved with the fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
rick112 said:
I saw a Solstice on the road yesterday. Looked great but the roof still needs work. That back part by the trunk that pins into the trunk didn't quite look right on one side. Perhaps he didn't have it secured properly. Hopefully it will be worked out for the Sky production.

I am assuming that the roof for the Sky will be exactly the same as the Solstice but we have never heard that from Saturn. We've never seen the Sky with the roof up!
I sat in a Solstice at my local Pontiac dealer a couple of weeks ago. The salesman and I worked the top up and down completely. The top 'wings' work just fine. It took a little instruction to get them inserted correctly, but once learned; it was no big deal. I was led to believe this was not a production car, but one of the 'demonstrators' traveling around the country and I have not seen a 'real' Solstice on the road here, yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's funny when I went to check out the Sol at the dealership near me you would think I walked into this High Class La Te Da store or something. The guy wouldn't even give me a brochure, he said it was for paying peole only. I told him thank you, you just helped me decide between the solstice and the sky and guess what second place(solstice) is 1st looser hee hee hee...... The saturn people have been sooooo helpful giving me any info they have. They have not been snotty like the pontiac dealership.....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
It's funny when I went to check out the Sol at the dealership near me you would think I walked into this High Class La Te Da store or something. The guy wouldn't even give me a brochure, he said it was for paying peole only. I told him thank you, you just helped me decide between the solstice and the sky and guess what second place(solstice) is 1st looser hee hee hee...... The saturn people have been sooooo helpful giving me any info they have. They have not been snotty like the pontiac dealership.....
Pam, that's just one out of about 2000 dealers that treated you that way. My dealer has my Sol on temporary display in showroom and they gave out all the brochures as people checked it out, didn't even save me one. :brentil:

·
Registered
328 Posts
achieftain said:
My dealer has my Sol on temporary display in showroom and they gave out all the brochures as people checked it out, didn't even save me one. :brentil:
.... probably sold them on eBay! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:cheers: Saturn has release a 2 part video showing how the top works on the SKY but is at a password protected GM Website so I won't post it unless I'm told I can. It even had a glimpse of the look of the Keyfob for the SKY (Looks like the one for the Relay :rolleyes: ) It had the Remote Start option on it... :cool:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sky Dealer said:
:cheers: Saturn has release a 2 part video showing how the top works on the SKY but is at a password protected GM Website /QUOTE]

Now this is the kinda stuff that makes me mad :mad:. Saturn has had nothing new on the Sky for some time. Let us, especially the preorders, see stuff like this. Many of us (some who won't get a car probably) who have paid a deposit are on this site and are dying for new info.

SATURN Give us something new. Give us some news! A schedule of where we can see the car. SOMETHING! :brentil:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
rick112 said:
Now this is the kinda stuff that makes me mad :mad:. Saturn has had nothing new on the Sky for some time. Let us, especially the preorders, see stuff like this. Many of us (some who won't get a car probably) who have paid a deposit are on this site and are dying for new info.

SATURN Give us something new. Give us some news! A schedule of where we can see the car. SOMETHING! :brentil:
Sorry about that :confused: I figured I throw you guys/gals a bone here.

I't just like the one in the Solstice... :willy: but on a full production version SKY!!!

Regards,

·
Registered
727 Posts
The top that was on the Solstice I drove a couple weeks back was much better than the tops were on the pre-production cars, which is where most of the pics of the tops were taken from.

In those pictures, you can distinctly see waves in the fabric in the buttresses when the top is up, as if the top was lose fitting. On the production car I drove, those waves were not nearly as visible. If I didn't know what I was looking for (I have also seen pre-production cars in person) I doubt I would have even noticed them.

The top was also very easy and quick to use. Within 20-30 seconds you can have it stowed in the trunk. Push the button on the fob, lift the trunk up, unlatch the header, and drop the top into the trunk. Shut the trunk. Your done. It is a little more work than say a Miata, but after experiencing it in person I think it is worth it to have the clean looking decklid. For all the complaining that happened on Solsticeforum (myself included) the top is not that big of a deal from a quality or usage standpoint.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can someone post what a pic of the Relay keyfob?

Sky Dealer said:
:cheers: Saturn has release a 2 part video showing how the top works on the SKY but is at a password protected GM Website so I won't post it unless I'm told I can. It even had a glimpse of the look of the Keyfob for the SKY (Looks like the one for the Relay :rolleyes: ) It had the Remote Start option on it... :cool:

Regards,

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sure agree that the roof was easy to lower and raise. I just think they could have done a better job designing the back section of the roof.

·
Registered
328 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
Can someone post what a pic of the Relay keyfob?
Here is the picture of the Sol's keyfob:

However, you can buy an LCD one with a remote starter for "most" cars. The only issue with a manual trans is that you need to have it in neutral and the parking brake applied.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Doesn't look much different from my Malibu Key FOB which has a Remote Start Button above the Lock/Unlock buttons.

·
Registered
727 Posts
rick112 said:
I sure agree that the roof was easy to lower and raise. I just think they could have done a better job designing the back section of the roof.
They could have done something else, but I am not sure how much more they could have done and kept the clean rear deck. I assume the idea of the buttresses is in part for design, but also for structural stability on the rear corners. If they needed a longer attachment point down each side of the car, their options would be fairly limited.

·
Registered
328 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Doesn't look much different from my Malibu Key FOB which has a Remote Start Button above the Lock/Unlock buttons.
Yep, pretty much the GM OEM key fob. My 2003 Burb LT came with a set that looked just as cheap! The aftermarket LCD ones look much better and offer alot of extra features. I believe that one ofthe supporting sellers will eventually offer a nice key fob. :cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish they'd do a key/remote combination like Volkswagen/BMW/Mercedes etc... where the remote is part of the key itself. Saab does them, so GM must have access to the right technology already...

·
Registered
328 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
I wish they'd do a key/remote combination like Volkswagen/BMW/Mercedes etc... where the remote is part of the key itself. Saab does them, so GM must have access to the right technology already...
However, one draw back is the added cost ... and GM wanted to keep these roadsters in the 20s. S2K has a start button, but their car is around mid 30ish. :willy:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think he just means where the remote buttons are in the head of the key, instead of on a seperate key fob. They are cool that way!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts