Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although they look different on the outside the powertrain on both, including the pluming is the same, so I wish when it comes to technical information it would be in only one PLACE.
Having tech information on 2 separate places is not helping the members.
I just visit the Skyroadster forum for the first time in a few months, went to the tech section and found a few misconceptions about what we have said here(Solstice tech) and others posting things that were not quite accurate.
I think for the sake of the KAPPA cars as long as the Engine and it's related components remain the same it behooves the membership of both forums to have one CENTRAL place for discussion, advertising of supporting vendors (Tech ONLY) and exchange of ideas and information, anything else and the forums are not servicing the membership correctly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Too much togetherness is too much!

LatinVenom said:
Although they look different on the outside the powertrain on both, including the pluming is the same, so I wish when it ...........................
Link it in a forum as its own and keep the rest like they are. Some of us (Me) do not want to cross over. Hard enough to keep up with one. I am subscribed to both...no..no..nooooooooooooo don't even think of it! Humbug!

I think for the sake of the KAPPA cars as long as the Engine and it's related components remain the same it behooves the membership of both forums to have one CENTRAL place for discussion, advertising of supporting vendors (Tech ONLY) and exchange of ideas and information, anything else and the forums are not servicing the membership correctly.
I Object, your honor!...no..no..noooooooooooooo (again) Humbug!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I don't think this will ever happen however. Right now they're very similair but over time we don't know if there will be sufficient changes to the two lineups that might make such a scenario not the best one anymore. I see these first 5 years as GM testing the waters of the Kappa architecture with very minimul differences. Over time each car might take on more personalty to the brand their in and not be so like anymore.

·
Registered
231 Posts
brentil said:
I don't think this will ever happen however. Right now they're very similair but over time we don't know if there will be sufficient changes to the two lineups that might make such a scenario not the best one anymore. I see these first 5 years as GM testing the waters of the Kappa architecture with very minimul differences. Over time each car might take on more personalty to the brand their in and not be so like anymore.
Yes, over time they make differ, possibly with 2nd or 3rd generations of the car. But right now they're the same. A second gen won't apply to a first gen anyway so why should the forums be different now. Go to a F-boy or a miata forum and there are different forums based on the year of the car. If the cars differ in the future there will be new forums anyway.

I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again. I think there's a lot of wasted discussion and double posting between the two forums. They should be combined to one with general rooms for each respective model. At the very least the racing and technical forums should be the same, as they deal strictly with what's under the skin.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again, I am not asking to merge the forums but to LINK the TECH section into ONE, everyone will benefit from this including the supporting vendors.
At this point there is absolutly NO difference in the mechanicals of these cars.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
OK lets Vote....Seal9:cheers:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing I forgot to mentioned, I posted this on both forums under the Tech sections, so far most of the respondents have been positive, although that number vs the members enrollment is very very low.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
VOTE: No. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts