Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a place near Joliet, Illinois called...The Autobahn Country Club. It is a country club for car owners and drivers. When you visit the site you can take a look at the sports car course layout. There are three configurations - north course, south course and when the two are combined there is the full course. Members can do hot laps almost everyday of the week and they rent out the facility for various club and corporate outings. It looks like an ideal place for a kappa gathering depending upon costs. :cheers: Go to the site and check it out. I sure wish I lived in Illinois. I would take a second mortgage on the homestead to belong there :D Take a look... www.autobahncountryclub.com Any of the clubs in the mid-west want to take the leadership for a summer 2007 ralley? :thumbs:

·
Registered
322 Posts
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)
Is it really possible that we could paln a gathering pof sorts for next summer????? Holy SKY's ARIVING Batman!
I'm in MA but I would go out.....fact is I'm thinking of seeing how many would want to do a "tail of the Dragon" thing...(never done it just read about it)....maybe a B&B outing or make a deal w/ a Motel or hell camp out....ok:D :D right I'm not bringing the truck..., back to the B&B or Motel.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I know enough about it to know it is NOT cheap -- To join I believe it is in the tens of thousands of dollars with a hefty per annum (30K to join with 3k dues). The per lap costs are not cheap either.
Also, depending on memory here, the track does not rent out except via a member and all legal (like insurance) is required and must paid by the people who rent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts