Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sky will be my primary vehicle but I would like to buy a cheap vehicle for around $5-6k that would drive well in MI snow.....any suggestions??

·
Registered
750 Posts
my prelude

you can by my prelude I'll sell it for that heck I'll sell it for 4k you can save yourself 2k (so its a 93 prelude... thats falling appart, but it has 220 (aprox) hp) (but I need to put my deposit back on the sky... :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmm......i think ill look around a little :)

another problem is the lease on my current car is up at the end of May, so if my Sky aint ready by then ill need to buy something now

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't mean to make this an autotrader forum :) Just kind of wondering what others in same situation may do. Never bought a used car before....

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
snowmobile....warm clothes, good gas milage..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
seal9 said:
snowmobile....warm clothes, good gas milage..
HA HA HA...I was gonna say ATV

How does a Floridian know about Snowmobiles?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
belletire said:
Didn't mean to make this an autotrader forum :) Just kind of wondering what others in same situation may do. Never bought a used car before....
Depends on what you are looking for or need. One thing I have seen a lot of complaints about is the carry capacity of the Sky. That being the case, I would go with a pickup for a second vehicle. Of course, 1 in every 7 pickups sold in the US is sold in Texas, so that goes without saying!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
belletire said:
The Sky will be my primary vehicle but I would like to buy a cheap vehicle for around $5-6k that would drive well in MI snow.....any suggestions??
i will sell you a blazer for that.. not really I just bought a 1991 S-10 Blazer 4.3 V6 5 speed 4X4 for 1000 dollars, it looks like crap but it runs great...my Hauling and snow car....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. Theres a million of them. I got mine for $3000 it has 164k on it and runs awesome. I put tools in the back and don't even care about door dings or if I smash it into a wall.

·
Registered
115 Posts
belletire said:

Any 4-wheel drive vehicle is probably your best bet. Here in Alaska, you see alot of Ford 4x4 trucks and Subarus. Also, go for a heavier vehicle. And make sure the treads on your cheap car's snow tires are good. To be even safer, just invest in a set of studded tires for the winter. My Sky will definately not see the light of day during the winter here in Anchorage. It'll be in the garage with a cover on it (hibernating) until Spring.....................:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I guess I am spoiled.
Very rarely (after actually noticing it) do I drive through that much snow. The streets here (SW suburb of Chicago) get plowed. I don't drive off road so my 1997 SC2 (Saturn) will still be my winter car. I just don't want to give my Sunni a salt wash....:nopity:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts