Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long will the wait be 6-7 months?

I ask because I see some threads saying no more orders for 07 but other threads seem to say otherwise.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
2007 isn't "sold out"

What happens is you put your order in, and you wait for an allocation for this model year. They're only allocating X redlines. If you can manage to get an allocation for this year, then good. If not, it'll rollover to a 2008 model.

honest opinion......if you were to place an order today, chances are slim of getting a 2007 Redline. You'll most likely get a 2008 model (they switch to 2008 in june)

I myself placed an order Aug 21st, and I'm well aware that I may be pushed to a 2008 model.

If you were looking to get the redline in less than 4-6 months.....sorry, that just won't happen from a dealer. You could always search ebay, or perhaps a dealer might have one for sale, but that'd most likely be priced over MSRP.

If you really want the car.....put your order in ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2007 isn't "sold out"

What happens is you put your order in, and you wait for an allocation for this model year. They're only allocating X redlines. If you can manage to get an allocation for this year, then good. If not, it'll rollover to a 2008 model.

honest opinion......if you were to place an order today, chances are slim of getting a 2007 Redline. You'll most likely get a 2008 model (they switch to 2008 in june)

I myself placed an order Aug 21st, and I'm well aware that I may be pushed to a 2008 model.

If you were looking to get the redline in less than 4-6 months.....sorry, that just won't happen from a dealer. You could always search ebay, or perhaps a dealer might have one for sale, but that'd most likely be priced over MSRP.

Thanks for the input so chances are I wouldnt take delivery untill late july

·
Registered
745 Posts
Depends

On where you buy where you are on the list at that dealer and what buying power your dealer has. Some dealers have not recieved one Redline allocation and some have recieved 10. These things will determine your wait .
All things are not equal.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
2007 isn't "sold out"

Antonio the bad thing for you is if you don't get a 2007 your price protection is gone.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Antonio the bad thing for you is if you don't get a 2007 your price protection is gone.
Unfortunately i'm aware of this.:banghead: :banghead:

Not much I can do but hope and pray or else I'll be digging deeper into my pockets come next year.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would remain hopeful, there have been several people on this list who decided they could not wait any longer or situations changed and they changed there mind about getting the car. If you remain steadfast, there is a good possibility that some of those ahead of you will drop off. This may be especially true if you are in an area of the country that has cold weather.

I went from 17th on the list to 11th, due to people dropping offf at my dealer.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I would remain hopeful, there have been several people on this list who decided they could not wait any longer or situations changed and they changed there mind about getting the car. If you remain steadfast, there is a good possibility that some of those ahead of you will drop off. This may be especially true if you are in an area of the country that has cold weather.

I went from 17th on the list to 11th, due to people dropping offf at my dealer.
I hope i have similar fortune. I do plan on staying around. I won't cancel my order unless something financial comes up, knock on wood. I'm in for the long (hopefully shorter) haul

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Unfortunately i'm aware of this.:banghead: :banghead:

Not much I can do but hope and pray or else I'll be digging deeper into my pockets come next year.
You can always buy a vette? or a Jag--:D :D :jester: :jester: Or god forbid, a mustang--:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
How long will the wait be 6-7 months?

I ask because I see some threads saying no more orders for 07 but other threads seem to say otherwise.
I went by the dealer this past Tuesday. Saturn of Decatur. I am number 10 on the list. 1 through 11 have the same code 1100. What code on this list indicates a RL vs a non RL? All of these are model ZMG67.

Ace...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I can relate. I was super enthusiastic when I dropped my deposit down last July but after 3 months of no movement and the weather turning, the excitement is all but gone. I have no reason to pull my deposit but I just don't get all charged up over it anymore. Last time I talked to the dealer, about 3 weeks ago, he said that there were quite a few cancellations. Still a pretty hefty list and they're all for redlines but more than 1/2 dropped off.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Stopped by the dealer today as I was looking at a house in the area and lo and behold my salesman told me that I am number 8 on the SKY list with only 3 redlines ahead of me. Moved up 4 places and 2 places (12 & 6) from only 3 weeks ago. Kind of renewed my excitement some because there was a silver pearl on the lot. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts