Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if you dont mind me asking, how old are you guys driving these beautiful beasts on the road.i myself am extremely young (16) and my parents are buying me this car because they are very pleased with my grades.:D i just want to know how old you guys are just to compare because i think i am a little young. but that is not stopping me from getting this beautiful roadster.:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Most of use are more than twice your age. I hope and pray you appreciate and respect this car as much as you are suppose to. I never want to hear you have done something foolish one Friday night trying to play "Fast and Furious" and total your SKY. More importantly don't hurt yourself, drive safely, and grow up to be at least as old as the rest of us here on the forum. :thumbs:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thats right listen to Mark. I am sure he has always been a responsible citizen. You can learn a lot from us old timers, oops, I mean wise persons with life experiences, not necessarily aged.

·
Registered
170 Posts
blackenedsky said:
if you dont mind me asking, how old are you guys driving these beautiful beasts on the road.i myself am extremely young (16) and my parents are buying me this car because they are very pleased with my grades.:D i just want to know how old you guys are just to compare because i think i am a little young. but that is not stopping me from getting this beautiful roadster.:D
More than twice your age, sigh. You have good parents, I hope you respect and appreciate them, and treat them as well as they are treating you. It's awesome you are doing well in school and getting a reward such as this is very generous. Go to college, work hard and continue with those good grades so that you can buy yourself many more hot cars in the future. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
That is good to hear. You have at least one great attribute so far in my book and that is your eye for beauty. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future. I couldn’t imagine being your age and having a car this awesome. :cool:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
And some of us are more than 3 times your age. I just got my sky today and there is something strange about driving it. Comming off from a light dosen't seem to be a problem but there is something about going into a corner when you drop it down to 2nd that begs you to put your foot into the firewall. Since it's a reward for good grades you probably are a smart kid. Be careful. Live to be an old man like me.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
HotSky said:
Thats right listen to Mark. I am sure he has always been a responsible citizen. You can learn a lot from us old timers, oops, I mean wise persons with life experiences, not necessarily aged.
No I speak from experience in what shouldn't be done. I was just very lucky along the road of life. I did learn at an early age though that luck doesn't last for ever. I wish day after day that I could pass my experience on to my kids so that they didn't have to make the mistakes that I did. Even more importantly is that kids today can't get away with what we did when we were kids.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i truly appreciate all your guys' feedback. thank you very much. and i do really love my parents over anything. they are my life. they taught me well and in return all they want is to see there sun do well in the future. (it is kinda wierd how i can read this out of there mind haha.) That is my goal in life and i really appreciate them for being such good parents. I am just saying this so u guys dont think i am some selfish B*****D.

Thank you,
Devin

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Well... happy to say I am not even double your age... close... but no cigar. :thumbs: :cheers:

I was 16, 15 years ago... Ummmm... I also started working 16 years ago... you know... I am old too... nooooooo... :banghead: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok I think I still feel like I'm 16 sometimes... but technically speaking I'm 25 and my hubby's 23...

You're a very lucky person to get such a sweet vehicle at 16... all I got was a Cavalier!! woohoo!! :jester: It was all I needed though at the time... :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm double + 8. :D :leaving:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jen said:
Ok I think I still feel like I'm 16 sometimes... but technically speaking I'm 25 and my hubby's 23...

You're a very lucky person to get such a sweet vehicle at 16... all I got was a Cavalier!! woohoo!! :jester: It was all I needed though at the time... :D
haha. my dad said he got some light powder blue ford pinto when he was young. he hated it. he said it was $2,000 (he is 44 years old now) i dont know if i spelled pinto right let alone if you guys even know what that is
lol

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I just think its great that a 16 year old knows what a Pinto is. :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
What are your parents thinking/are they thinking?

16. OK. Smart. But are you bright enough to thank them profusely but pass? What on earth will they do for an encore should they place this in your hands? Are they sooooo impressed that they cross over to being intimidated? And are you so interested in impressing your friends that you'd let them do this? I super love my kids. No car until after freshman year at college, and then a dull sedan to boot. The Sky is NOT a super safe car. And the temptation to show it off to your friends and strangers makes you prime target to do something stupid. You sound together- can you be wise enough to say "No thanks?" I wish you well from the bottom of my heart and as a Mom to 4, all now in their 20s. Good luck!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
One year short of three times sixteen.

Got my son a Saturn SL1 when he graduated. It was reasonable, practical and reliable.

He hates you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SkyHope said:
16. OK. Smart. But are you bright enough to thank them profusely but pass? What on earth will they do for an encore should they place this in your hands? Are they sooooo impressed that they cross over to being intimidated? And are you so interested in impressing your friends that you'd let them do this? I super love my kids. No car until after freshman year at college, and then a dull sedan to boot. The Sky is NOT a super safe car. And the temptation to show it off to your friends and strangers makes you prime target to do something stupid. You sound together- can you be wise enough to say "No thanks?" I wish you well from the bottom of my heart and as a Mom to 4, all now in their 20s. Good luck!
thanks but i am responsible enough not to crash the car. just trust me. you dont know me. i am very responsible. before i got my permit i would drive my dads ford f250 truck around everywhere except public roads and you know how big those are. i am not just some stupid drug user teenager that you see almost everywhere at school and on the streets. my parents know me well and they know i can handle a car.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts